Which Computer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I used to have a Suunto Mosquito which had a small screen. That was fine when I was 30. Now that I'm 40, I like the big numbers on the big old puck that the DG03 is. My wife actually laughed at how big it was when she first saw it.... works for me.

dg03.jpg

Wow, thanks for the pic. Without a wrist it looked small in the picture on DGE. It is not small at all.

Yup. The diameter is comparable to the width of an iPhone4 in a hard case.

WVrick,

The nice thing about the HG03 is that you can, IF you choose to, at a later date add a transmitter for AI. I also think the DG03 is like another DC by Aries, (both are from the same overall company) but I am not 100% sure if they are the same PDC, so you may be able to get a online class using the aries PDC if they are.

Yeah, it has lots of pluses. The only minus is PC download only (I heard) and I have a MAC. Not an issue though, I never downloaded anything from my old computer. Old fashioned and prefer paper and my own calculations for analysis.

I had the cable for my mosquito. When I was younger it was really cool to pull the profiles and look at them. But now, I just don't want to spend the money and it's just not that important to me.

Yeah, it has lots of pluses. The only minus is PC download only (I heard) and I have a MAC. Not an issue though, I never downloaded anything from my old computer. Old fashioned and prefer paper and my own calculations for analysis.

I just checked out MacDive and it lists the DG03 as a supported Dive Computer. I actually linked you to the page to even show you.

You can buy MacDive and download from the DGO3 to download for your MAC. It is $25.00. It is easy to use and better than the other software for downloading that I have seen. I have it for my Oceanic OC1. Works great.

MacDive

I think downloading my dives is fun and I really like going back and looking at them. I also keep a paper log, just for fun.

You can use Downloads | Subsurface for free on mac or PC with the DG03. Pretty much any other computer as well.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom