Which computer to buy with Trimix in mind?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi,

I'm getting the Predator, but can't decide between the SA (stand alone) or the External PO2 (Fischer port).

I WILL eventually be diving a CCR but I don't know if I can buy a new CCR without the computer. For example, the JJ-CCR ships with the Predator, and as far as I know they won't sell one without it.

In other words, why pay for the external PO2 functionality when my CCR will come factory-equipped with its own computer???

The only reason I can think of is redundancy, but that would only work if the CCR can output PO2 readings to a second computer too... do they do that?

If my original Predator will be a non-integrated backup computer once I'm diving the CCR, then why should I shell out the extra $500 for the Fischer port??

Any help or advice is appreciated!

If You are worried about Your unit and future CCR diving - buy OSTC MK2 for half price of Predator, and then get the Predator hardwired to Your CCR once You go CC. MK2 will still be a very good backup, even if off-board.

If you want to do Trimix and tec diving there is only one computer you should be considering and that is a Cochran. Now other computer even compairs at all for mixed gas and tech diving. Go with the MC-20, I would even consider anyother computer at all for tech diving.

Back
Top Bottom