Which computer to buy with Trimix in mind?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

That is incorrect.

It handles 5 OC gases (not 10) and is not made from aluminum. Seems to be (very tough) polymer/thermoplastic)

With full CC mode, it can do five CC and five OC gases, for a total of ten. The body is machined from a block of Delrin.

(I just checked the manual. Something I rarely do. :D )

yes, sorry, it's Delrin on the predator body.. I coulda sworn the persuit upgraded to an early predator that i dove was aluminum..

I would say it ultimately comes down to shearwater or X1 or Xeo when that ships.

X1 = yellow bright OLED display, small size, no buttons, potted (can't flood), dual depth sensors and rechargeable battery, USB upload and has both vpm-b and zhl16 (uses v-planner onboard)

Shearwater = larger/heavier, large bright color OLED display, user replaceable battery, Bluetooth, either zhl16 or vpm-b in future (at extra cost)

Xeo = best of both worlds! smaller, but with color OLED display, potted and no buttons, but with user replaceable battery. will ship with zhl16 and probably vpm-b later on.

I would say it ultimately comes down to shearwater or X1 or Xeo when that ships.

Totally agree. Shearwater and Liquivision are the only games in town if you want a "tech" diving computer.

Don't understand why anyone would buy a techreational computer that promises to do Trimix "someday"

Not to pick a fight but you said :

"This is a full color OLED 10 gas ........or OC dive computer."

Just to be absolutely clear,it does 5 OC gases. More than enough for me.

I didn't say it originally, I was just expanding/clarifying what was said.

Great customer support from Curt at Shearwater when I asked them a question on their manufacturers area.

Thanks, Walt

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom