Which Clip?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bflem55

Contributor
Reaction score
Just wondering what are some good clips to keep a octo in place on a BC??

Bungee around the neck?

this is a VERY often talked about topic!
1- special holders made for octos
--bulbous thing made to fit over and around mouthpiece
--silicone ring on clip to slip over mouthpiece
--bunge ring on clip to slip over mouthpiece
--funky scubapro clip thing
2- special solutions
--piece of bungee cord or surgical silicone tubing ziptied on d ring to slip around mouthpiece
--bungee cord or surgical tubing necklae, often used with DIR/Hogarthian/longhose setups, where you always donate primary.
--snorkel holder, slip it through itself and attach to reg. Simple. If you don't want to lose when you deply, zip tie on on.

yea i would go with the bulb thing that fits over your mouthpiece. My aqualung came with this little plastic hose clip that broke the first time my buddy pulled the reg out in an OOA drill. I got one of these and am happy with it. Also keeps the sand etc. out and keeps it from freeflowing. Only about 4 bucks at the LDS.

Most people end up using a snorkel keeper. It's cheap, like $1, and simple. The bulbous things do not really help keep stuff out of your reg (if you are getting sand in your reg, you are either a cave diver or you have horrible bouyancy skills) (and remember, you can puke in your reg. Getting some sand in it won't hurt it as long as you actually rinse your regs), and doesn't really help keep it from freeflowing (if your reg is that touchy, remember it's your octo, get it detuned a tad.)

And most divers who are in tone with the DIR mindset use a necklace, which is actually probably smarter but works best with a longhose setup.

the bulb looking things that go into the mouthpiece what size would I need to get for a Titan Reg.??

We use one of these.

004195_big.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom