Which Clip?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I just use a small piece of surgical tubing that fits around mouthpiece and attached to a shoulder D-ring.

Ive seen a few mouth pieces get ripped off the actual reg with the bulb style holders.

Clearwater:
That's an interesting observation. I can't say we have really "field tested" it but maybe we can try it out in the pool on our next new gear practice session. It doesn't seem like it would be hard to get active with but like you say you don't know unless you actually do it.
I felt the same way about using it because i thought it would be easy to get out but when it came down to it it was a really bad idea. just didnt work

Bungee necklace around my neck, holding my backup in place. I pass from the mouth.

To hold the octo:
1) Find a D-ring on your BC (low on right chest strap for me).
2) Pass the one eye around the D-ring and through the other eye of the Snorkel keeper and pull tight.
3)Take the free eye of the snorkel keeper and stretch it over the mouthpiece of your octo so that the eye is around the neck of the octo mouthpiece.

Its now secure, pulls away readily for use, you know where it is, a panicked diver might see it first, works on any octo and rental rigs, dosen't drag in the sand and it cheap and readily available world wide.

Those keepers are pretty usefull things. I always carry a spare in case my dive buddy did not bring one.

--DP

Bungee around the neck...

I like this "tech" approach as the backup is right there under your chin.

But, can this setup work if one decides to keep the shorter standard
32" primary regulator as the pass-off regulator.:confused:

I figure its not any different than my buddy who uses his Air2
and passess off his "short" primary hose.

Richard

Bungie around the neck..aka Octo Necklace. Very simple very clean and is in your face always...

why clip something so it can get in the way.

Bungie..cheap to buy, easy to make..and is very easy to keep your octo in place when you need it...

If you aren't going to go with the necklace, I'll second the snorkle-keeper. In my experience, it works better and costs less than most other options.

Thanks for the great snorkel keeper idea! Sounds almost too easy!

Dave

scarefaceDM:
Bungie around the neck..aka Octo Necklace. Very simple very clean and is in your face always...

why clip something so it can get in the way.

Bungie..cheap to buy, easy to make..and is very easy to keep your octo in place when you need it...

This is an excellent option when done correctly. I've seen a couple rigs that were dangerous because the DIY diver had only read about them and had never actually seen one in operation. There's now a commericially available octo necklace that when used prevents folks from making dangerous errors through ignorance. The cool thing about the link is not only is the product available, but there are also instructions for those who want to make their own.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom