Which Clip?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

This is what I use: Octo-holder
I originally used one of the "bulbs" but the ring ripped through the rubber on my second dive trip. I moved to this type and have had no problems with anything. My original ring and clip from the bulb? I use it to clip my truck key to my BC while diving public dive spots where I need to lock the truck. :D

DaleHall:
This is what I use: Octo-holder
I origianlly used one of the "bulbs" but the ring ripped through the rubber on my second dive trip. I moved to this type and have had no problems with anything. My original ring and clip from the bulb? I use it to clip my truck key to my BC while diving public dive spots where I need to lock the truck. :D

That's a fine alternative, but it's actually only a more expensive (approximately twice the price) snorkel keeper.

Clearwater:
We use one of these.

004195_big.jpg
I had an extra clip like this around and tried to use it for an octo holder. My buddy and I were doing drills before going in a caver and couldnt snatch the octo out of it. It was the way the hose was binding in it when pulled at weird angle. Might work for others but I dont recomend it. JUst my opinion.

I use a piece of bungee tied onto a snap bolt. I already have snap bolts and I already have bungee so the money outlay is $0. Works just like those octo holders, though, except it looks a lot more durable.

I'm thinking they wrap the keeper around the d-ring (or wherever on your bc) then lace one of the round ends through the other and pull it tight.. That would keep it "tied" to your bc, then you use the other end to keep your octo.
Makes complete sense and saves a few bucks also.. :D

Just a plain 'ol snorkle keeper is beat & cheap!

BRANDY:
I had an extra clip like this around and tried to use it for an octo holder. My buddy and I were doing drills before going in a caver and couldnt snatch the octo out of it. It was the way the hose was binding in it when pulled at weird angle. Might work for others but I dont recomend it. JUst my opinion.
That's an interesting observation. I can't say we have really "field tested" it but maybe we can try it out in the pool on our next new gear practice session. It doesn't seem like it would be hard to get active with but like you say you don't know unless you actually do it.

Back
Top Bottom