• Nissan Altima/maxima

Votes: 18 43.9%
  • Dodge charger

Votes: 12 29.3%
  • elcipse/lancer

Votes: 3 7.3%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

When I see a Hummer, I have an almost uncontrollable desire to key it.

They are so freaking huge that they end up taking two parking spots.

My only bit of advice is that a single guy under 30 should NOT buy a station wagon. If you do, go ahead and stop off at Macy's and pick up a nice purse to go with it too :14:

The perception of a station wagon is changing with Mazda's SportWagon, Subaru's WRX wagon, Saab's 92-x, VW Passat, and now the wagon version of the Evo (Japan only). Things are looking up for those of us who'd like to have a little fun on the way to the grocery store!

Hemlon:
When I see a Hummer, I have an almost uncontrollable desire to key it.

They are so freaking huge that they end up taking two parking spots.

Well, I drive a GMC 2500 crew cab truck and it takes up two spots as well. It's not so much the size of the car as it is the shrinking parking spots.

I must admit, while shopping, buying and even after the purchase we still look at each other and go "we bought a station wagon!?!" But it's a fun little car. It even came with a pre-paid 1yr membership to SCCA. We autocross our "race" cars, but we're both looking forward to autocrossing the station wagon instead this season. (The reason: The classing system puts our other cars in a class where they can't hope to compete just because of small mods like a boost controller
speechless-smiley-034.gif
. The WRX wagon, however, is stock. It'll be in a lower class, so we might actually be competitive this season!)

Out of those, I would suggest the Nissan just because it's Japanese.

1RUSTYRIG:
Um...no it isn't :D You guys just keep hoping that it is :D

Station wagons are still a worthwhile deal. I enjoy seating six comfortably, filled with luggage for a trip, and getting 25mpg cruising at 80mph.

I just junked SW #5 and am looking for #6.

1RUSTYRIG:
My only bit of advice is that a single guy under 30 should NOT buy a station wagon. If you do, go ahead and stop off at Macy's and pick up a nice purse to go with it too :14:

Wagons are peffect for most Americans. Most of our driving is on paved roads, with one driver and occasionally a passenger. Yet we quite often need to carry a lot of stuff on the weekends. Wagons gives us the space benefits of an SUV when we need it, without suffering the poor handling and economy.

You a boomer by any chance? Self indulgent baby boomers killed wagons in the U.S. because they didn't want to buy cars like their mommy had. But of course they needed the room of a station wagon, so we now have millions of surbanites driving oversized SUVs even though they go off road approximately never.

Today, the boomers' kids don't want to buy their parents' vehicles, yet they need vehicles that can carry their snowboard gear, so we are finally seeing a rebirth in wagons and hatchbacks.

Alex

lowwall:
Wagons are peffect for most Americans. Most of our driving is on paved roads, with one driver and occasionally a passenger. Yet we quite often need to carry a lot of stuff on the weekends. Wagons gives us the space benefits of an SUV when we need it, without suffering the poor handling and economy.

You a boomer by any chance? Self indulgent baby boomers killed wagons in the U.S. because they didn't want to buy cars like their mommy had. But of course they needed the room of a station wagon, so we now have millions of surbanites driving oversized SUVs even though they go off road approximately never.

Today, the boomers' kids don't want to buy their parents' vehicles, yet they need vehicles that can carry their snowboard gear, so we are finally seeing a rebirth in wagons and hatchbacks.

Alex

Excellent point!

1RUSTYRIG:
The entire Hummer family is overhyped when it comes to their 4x4 capability. Even the H1. They are fine for yuppies who perceive 4 wheeling as taking a curb in the mall parking lot but that's about it.

I would second a wrangler. They are a blast to drive and you can get a jeep trailer to tug behind that is exclusively set up for diving.

The military ones were the ones I fell in love with and H1 is the closest you can get to that. They are definitely too big for trail style 4-wheeling, heck they are too big for some of the dirt state routes in the mountains near Silverton, Colorado (met one coming down a mountain once)--YIKES. I would love to do one of the 4-wheel classes they have for them at some resorts just to see for myself if they are as much fun as they look like they would be. A $140,000 car is WAY out of my league, I'm loving my HHR, it looks cool and it's fun to drive :D Besides my husband is a Chevy dealer so Chevy's are what I buy.
Ber :lilbunny:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom