• Nissan Altima/maxima

Votes: 18 43.9%
  • Dodge charger

Votes: 12 29.3%
  • elcipse/lancer

Votes: 3 7.3%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Everyone looks for different things in cars... We have 4 cars, only 1 of them is "reliable". The other 3 are a lot of fun though... :D

Excellent point, devolution. I forget sometimes that some people choose fun over reliability.

Ahhh...but Acruas are especially fun to drive and reliable.

Have you all seen the new Honda Civics? They make me kick myself for getting an Acrua TSX. Traded up from my 94 Accord.

My dad was looking at a Nissasn Maxima and we found the interior to be "plasticie".

See ya under!

Mike

I mean, do what you want. I just prefer a car that I don't have to keep putting money into you know? Previously, (i know car maniacs will jump all over me) eclipses broke down a lot more frequently than a Honda or Toyota.

But they look cool. So do you want to trade a car that "looks cool" versus reliability? Not to mention that Mitzubishi parts and repairs (from what I hear) are expensive.

*beating a dead fish*

We have to keep in mind that this is his first new car (a bit odd considering he states that he's in his late 20's, but ok) and he might not know which cars have proven reliability.

Adrenalinerush...if I were in your position, I would buy a copy of Consumer Reports Car Buying Guide to assist with your decision. It's $6 well spent.

But in any case, I'm like Mike...give me a car that's not a money pit!

ScubaMike05:
*beating a dead fish*
:2ar15smil put it down, niiiiice and slow. Now slowly back away from the fish :azvatar:
LOL!
Ber :lilbunny:

Eclipses break down alot because their owners tend to play with them alot
devil-smiley-019.gif

Parts are about average, but there are some people selling parts online that'll cut the dealership prices down by 25% or so if you're doing the work yourself...

For the older Eclipses (up to '99) there's a bunch of instructions on the internet for quick fixes to common problems as well as common upgrades that are well documented, with pictures. I knew nothing about cars before I got my Laser (same thing as an Eclipse), and I've learned as I've gone along with help from forums, email groups, and those instructions on the internet. If you don't know how to do something there's usually someone who'll come over and help you out for the cost of some beer.

NOTE: Eclipses sold after 1999 (3rd gen's and the new 4th gen's) are not AWD, not turbo'd, and don't have the perks available.
cheeky-smiley-012.gif
Best to get an Evo instead. Better performance, same engine, same info & community surrounding them.

Ber Rabbit:
They are great for going places cars can't get to but if I'm going 4-wheeling I want a Hummer H1---yeah baby! :D
Ber :lilbunny:

The entire Hummer family is overhyped when it comes to their 4x4 capability. Even the H1. They are fine for yuppies who perceive 4 wheeling as taking a curb in the mall parking lot but that's about it.

I would second a wrangler. They are a blast to drive and you can get a jeep trailer to tug behind that is exclusively set up for diving.

My only bit of advice is that a single guy under 30 should NOT buy a station wagon. If you do, go ahead and stop off at Macy's and pick up a nice purse to go with it too :14:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom