police and car rental

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Your question reminds me of the road trip I took from San Diego to Puerto Escondito south of Loreto in December 1990 in my pickup truck. Three divers with all our gear, camping equiment, etc. We must have looked like the Clampetts. The police never stopped us and we often saw the tourist assistance patrol on the highway. As we neared the Ag Inpection station as we crossed in Baja Del Sur we encountered an ambulance with locals solicting donations to keep thing going. We gave them a couple thousand pesos and departed with their thanns. About 50 yards later, we hit the inspection station. After a cursory examination, the friendly officials sent us on our way. I sometimes wonder if we had not stopped and donated if the inspection would have been much more thorough. We camped on the beach, dived off of local fishing pangas, and left our campsite unattended. What a wonderful trip that was

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom