Which brands, which models enjoys a high reputation

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thank you guys, i am really appreciated for your opinions, as i am a newbie, these info. helped me a lot.

---------- Post added October 26th, 2013 at 12:59 AM ----------

I do accept a pricey product, but it should deserve it. And i do accept a reasonable priced product, but the quality and service not too bad.

Greenforce ? these connectors a made like milking attachments for cows ...and they are very vulnerable ( same deal tilly- tec )

I have a couple of TillyTec lights and several umbilicals/cables (single for each plus the multicable umbilicals). I've never had an issue with them and I dive them pretty hard. I did have a light head with a failed LED. Contacted TillyTec and had it replaced fairly quickly. One of my students had an issue with a floor model he bought and also had a quick replacement. Customer service is the best I've seen. The nice thing about the Tilly lights that I haven't seen with any other LED canister lights is they punch through the water like an HID. Most LEDs have an issue with punching a focused beam through and make signalling between team mates difficult. That is not the issue with TillyTec lights.

I also have a SEAC R1 light I use as a mask light and backup light and it is great. While it's rated at 180 lumens it blew away an LED 700 canister light this past week. It was much brighter and carried a lot more punch through the water.

I have a SEAC R1 as well. Really like it. Use it as main light in the tropics, and as backup at home, where my main is an MB-SUB VB50.

I have a SEAC R1 as well. Really like it. Use it as main light in the tropics, and as backup at home, where my main is an MB-SUB VB50.

I love my VB-50, I ended up selling all my lights and now am a 100% converted MB-Sub fan boy. I own several of them and couldn't be happier. I've owned DR, OMS, TillyTec, Barbolights, Intovas, Hollis, Solus and others I no longer remember. Awesome customer service very well made, very reliable and I really like the one finger on/off magnetic collar. I just wish they were a little cheaper lol.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom