Which Bottom Timer do you use and where did you find it?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubamikey

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I've been looking for the uwatec style bottom timer and can't seem to find more than one, so I figure someone might know a good source. Also, is there another style or manufacturer for a good bottom timer?

scubamikey:
I've been looking for the uwatec style bottom timer and can't seem to find more than one, so I figure someone might know a good source. Also, is there another style or manufacturer for a good bottom timer?

They are also OEMed to OMS.

I use a Suunto Vyper in gauge mode.

Vyper in gauge mode as well.

Suunto D3. Got it from Leisure Pro

I use the OMS version of the Uwatec bottom timer. It's the same timer, but in all black with a red OMS logo on it. Same price. I got it from Hollywood Divers in Hollywood CA.

Christian

headhunter:
I use the OMS version of the Uwatec bottom timer. It's the same timer, but in all black with a red OMS logo on it. Same price. I got it from Hollywood Divers in Hollywood CA.

Christian

lol
yah, mine came in a UWATEC box turned inside-out

scubamikey:

i use my versa pro in gauge mode, but i'd prefer something that shows the seconds too (the VP only show the minutes). i'd probably get the aladin tec from scubatoys (capsule) and a dss boot for it if i was buying again. i've heard good things about the aladin tec's gauge mode, though i haven't used one.

by the way, if you want to save money then just buy a computer and use it in gauge mode... something like the veo 100 from amazon for $150, and that will also record your dives to boot. bottom timers are too expensive imo.

scubamikey:
I'm kind of "old school" DIR and still use the Uwatec bottom timer - it has served me well for many years, but sometimes I wish it had a backlight feature on it. Fortunately my backup timer (a Casio G-Shock) is backlit so that isn't a huge problem. I am pretty sure you can get an Uwatec BT from Extreme Exposure in High Springs, and as several people pointed out, the OMS BT (available elsewhere) is the exact same thing.

I looked at a Suunto D3 once upon a time, but thought it was pretty expensive for what it did (even at LeisurePro prices). I suppose if you wanted something with user-replaceable batteries and a download feature then it might be worth it. Nowadays however, almost any cheap wrist computer that has a "gauge mode" (which seems to be most of them) should work as a suitable bottom timer.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom