Which BCD for UK Waters?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TX101:
I bought a second hand buddy commando as my jacket bcd, which is made in the UK and works very well in UK conditions. You can also buy twinning bands and use them with a twinset if you wish as it has enough lift.
The only problems with the Buddy are that they are quite heavy so will take up more weight allowance on flights (so I've heard, I have nothing to compare it to) and that because they are made and sold almost exclusively in the UK, you may have problems servicing it and/or finding parts overseas. Although, the same could be said of Apeks regs...

I am looking at s/h Buddy jackets at the moment on e-bay - some good bargains to be had...if I could just get my timing right. :)

Not sure they are heavier than other 'normal' jackets once you remove the suicide bottle, but I am looking for one to travel with 'cos they fold down a lot smaller than my Dacor RIG3 and weigh less. The Buddy Sport PD may be a good choice to travel with as it is only 3.5kg IIRC and about £200.

Regards

Mark

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom