Which Atoll is the best to dive at?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yep the Aquarium is a great dive as is Silver Caves in fact any divesite along that wall is really fantastic and like Peter said if the conditions are right it can be a Magical dive.

All 3 Atolls offer Fantastic diving cant go wrong with any of the 3

Gaz Cooper

Ralph - We're going to Belize in May for whale shark and atoll diving and I have a few questions about the "Grand Slam" trip - it sounds awesome! (I'm posting my questions here instead of emailing directly in case someone else has similar questions.)

1. How frequently do you run this trip and/or what are the dates for this trip?
2. How much does it cost? (We will have our own gear.)
3. What resort do you stay at overnight?

Jane, we run the overnight trip based on when people want to go and if you are here for whale sharks, we work dates around the whale shark dates. Cost depends on whether you are doing this as part of a larger package or whether you are just doing the "Grand Slam". You can e-mail Patty at patricia@splashbelize.com with more specifics about what all you want to do.
There are three resorts that we work with and the one we go for depends on the size of the group and availabity at the time.
Regards
Ralph

Thank you, I was thinking of staying in Placenia but I didn't really like the idea of a 1-2 hour boat ride to the dive sites every day. One day I wouldn't mind a longer ride but every day? Once again if this seems like I am missing something please let me know.

I just returned from Huracan Divers on Lighthouse reef and the longest ride on the dive boat was to the blue hole at a little under 20 minutes. Most dive sites were only three to four minutes from the dock. The diving was excellent and Huracan deserves the praise they receive but it's not a big fancy resort so it's not the kind of place everybody will like. But if your main focus is diving along with a side order of rest and relaxation, it's worth looking into.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom