Which Aggressor Destination?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Correct. The dock has been repaired.

I have the boat booked for next May and most of us wanted to fly into Belize on Friday and stay at the hotel where the boat was usually docked. So I called The Aggressor folks to make sure they would be at that dock before we reserved rooms and they said they were back to normal and leaving from that dock again. Thanks for the confirmation.

Thanks! I was really intrigued with Cocos but when researching it further I saw the total trip would have only 18 dives as opposed to the 27 you can get at Belize. Please correct me if I'm wrong.
As I recall we did 24 on the 10 day trip. Only 3 night dives.

I just returned from a trip on the BA4 a couple of weeks ago and although generally a good trip, the diving was just ok. Conditions on the sites had a lot of particulates in the water and viz was less than stellar for the majority of the week. This less than ideal viz could have been the result of past hurricanes causing havoc north of Belize City though. If you're looking to book on one of the Aggressor Belize boats, here's a quick comparison snapshot between the 2 boats:

BA3: Much newer than the BA4, also much smaller in size compared to BA4. All cabins with the exception of 1 cabin are bunk style
BA4: Older in age than the BA3, but MUCH larger in size compared to the BA3. All cabins are side by side beds, most cabins cabin beds can be combined to form one larger bed. AC is sporadic in certain cabins so you may not get a super chilly room. With the BA4, you're giving up a modern boat(BA3) for the overall size of the BA4.

As for the Blue Hole dives, most of the divers, myself included, did not feel the need to do this dive due to the short dive time/depth but some divers really wanted to have this dive in their logbooks so we had no choice. It's pretty much an extended bounce dive to around 130ft, look around and begin your surface back up. Also in keep in mind that due to the depth of this dive, you will be limited to only 4 dives that day instead of the normal 5. So total dives for the week would be 26 out of normal 27 dives for most Caribbean trips.

I have yet to dive in the Cayman Islands but I have been to Turks and Caicos Islands many times so that's another option for you. Turks was far superior than Belize in my opinion. Much more steep walls and more vibrant marine life from what I've seen.

Cocos is another destination I have yet to visit but my keep in mind this location has some steep marine park fees:
FEES & TAXES(required per person)
Cocos Island Park Fee(10 night charters):$490 non-diver $350
Cocos Island Park Fee (8 night charters):$350 non-diver $250
Cocos Island Emergency Evacuation Plan:$30
CASH ONLY; Park fees are to be paid in cash only (traveler’s checks not accepted)
Prices are USD

Hope this helps.

My favorite Aggressor was the Red Sea, 44 dives in two weeks. I would love to go back Red Sea Aggressor April-May 2016
Craig, What were water temps land visibility like during the 2 weeks you wee there? I am looking at similar dates for next year due to steep discounts already for April with the Red Sea Aggressor. Flights from LAX are brutal though. Not so much the cost, just the time to get there. THX-- Greg

Craig, What were water temps land visibility like during the 2 weeks you wee there? I am looking at similar dates for next year due to steep discounts already for April with the Red Sea Aggressor. Flights from LAX are brutal though. Not so much the cost, just the time to get there. THX-- Greg

Water temps and vis as recorded by the Red Sea Aggressor for any trip date you enter can be found on the Captain's Log page:
Liveaboard Scuba Dive Yachts Vacations & Trips | Aggressor Fleet

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom