which 7 megapixel to buy??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ahh, UP, now that is the problem. One will have to dig for a US company or order in from overseas where they are more or less available.

If you can't find an 810, I'd shortlist the Canon A95 (or 85 if you want to save some cash) or hit ebay and find an Oly 5050 and housing. Those with the Oly 8080 like it, too.

Ryan at Reef Photo Video may be able to help with the search
www.reefphoto.com
Ryan@ReefPhoto.com

I think they are out there...one just has to perservere!! Maybe try Cananda or Yuzo in Japan. I know they are available here in Australia - a friend bought a different camera through www.camerashop.com.au and had good things to say about them.

I've ordered things to be sent IN to Australia but never IN to the US, so don't know how the customs/duty thing would work...might be worth checking out if one's heart is set on the 810. Or one could ask an Australian to bring one back when she comes to the US in a few months :wink:

well Uncle Pug the only place i have seen them is on ebay. I also did a search through ask jeeves on where to buy one and i found a few online places to get one but havn't had time to check out their credability yet.

wawa digital and digital liquidaters are two i remember. if anyone has any input on theese places or knows of a reputable place to get the f810, please let us know.
thanks

Not to confuse you further...

Just returned from a vacation in Cabo San Lucas; took photos w/ a S70. It's not the camera; it's the photographer. An instructor took my camera (his, an Oly, ran out of batteries during a dive) and took a bunch of shots. He had much better results (e.g. a much greater percentage of his shots were keepers) versus mine. That said, I still got some decent shots. Check out my gallery; selected shots in there. These are all jpegs out of the camera; only post-processing is downsizing for uploading & occassional cropping.

Hy

pics are pretty good hdtran.....anyone have any pics tken with the f810 (to compare)

Also i am having trouble finding the f810 (though im not done searching)

just curious...what would your next suggestion for camera be, (money NOT really being an issue) for my application?

THanks for all your help and patience guys.

hdtran:
It's not the camera; it's the photographer.

Hy

Say it LOUD!
It isn't the tool, it's the artist.

Now some tools make some things eaiser etc, but the camera/brush/pen doesn't do the creating.

alcina:
Say it LOUD!
It isn't the tool, it's the artist.

Now some tools make some things eaiser etc, but the camera/brush/pen doesn't do the creating.

but it is so much easier to get the hardware than the ability :D

Mike, congratulation on the cover of Asian Diver magazine. I have not seen the current issue yet but will keep an eye out for your cover shot.

Personally I think I see a lot more things when I have my camera with me when I dive as I then always try to look out for stuff. Without a camera, I probably would even miss a whaleshark that swwim by :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom