which 2 piece suit?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Gaucho

Reaction score

I have a one piece Oceanic suit but want to get a 2 piece. Ive seen some Henderson suits that look nice, but Im not sure they have 2 piece configs. Also, do some brands have optional vests, etc.? Finally, I would appreciate it if someone could post the link to the Henderson web-site so I can check out some models. Other brands could also be considered, although I kind of like the black & gold designs Henderson has.

Thanks!!

Try before you buy, You may not like the added bulk of two layers of neoprene in your middle, or the added weight you will need.
Bare has the optional vests. This is the route I plan on going,one piece fullsuit and then when it's really cold the hooded shortie over it.

Here's the link to Henderson

If your interested here is the link toBare

Tavi

Thanks very much, Tavi. Are you saying I will need more weights if I wear an additional wetsuit layer (??). Also, what is a shortie?

Gaucho...

I have dove with a 1/4" (6.5mil) 2 pc suit for 10 years and I am finally seriously considering changing over to a full. I normally dive with the shortie (long sleeves, short legs) and wear the farmer john in really cold water. I also jump from 9-11 lbs to 23-25lbs when I make that change. The normal definition of a shortie is short sleeves and short legs. A hooded shortie is just that. Short sleeves and a hood. Hooded vests are also common.

I am considering picking up something like a 1-1.5 mil for warm water, and a 5 mil for cooler and then wear both with my hood if I want to do cold water.

Tom

Been in water that was freezing at the surface with it and a hooded Gold vest. 7mm gold gloves with the high gauntlets and gold booties. Only thing that was cold were my feet and they were freezing. Forgot to tuck them in. Face was numb.
Now I have a drysuit and I'd never even consider going without it. Best investment I've ever made. I'm looking at getting a 5mm gold one piece next. I think I only have 2 dives on my Henderson 1/4 in. I got my drysuit about the same time. Use the hooded vest alot around students though.
If you need something for cold water save your money and buy a drysuit. You will not regret it.

Tom, thanks for the glossary and thanks to all others for the tips. I have quite a bit of research to do !!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom