where's the best place to sell vintage scuba gear in orange sounty ca?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ok Mike.....

I have a flat capillary US Divers gauge in it's original packaging, never opened setting on a shelf for many years.

At one time I had a bunch of them..Got them for little or nothing at US Divers as close outs. It was in the days of the plastic homemade camera cases so we glued them to the side of the cases. At that time..1950-early 1960s the film was only ASA 10, since there was no artificial lighting which made depth and light fade a very important issue for movie making. As the film speed -also known as ASA increased to 25, 50 etc, and the commerical metal housing came into popularity they were discarded...some reason I saved one.

I also have a Sportsways 250 foot depth guage, also like new never used, or at least every little

What are they worth in the current market place?

SDM

One thing on eBay - I used to avoid foreign sales because they were a PITA to ship with the customs form and having to deal with the occasionally postal postal clerks.
Now it's pretty easy to ship internationally with USPS with the online customs declaration. I still have to physically hand the package in at the local PO but that's it.
The fees are pretty onerous, but I still get a lot more for stuff than I do off Craigslist.

Last edited:
Hello Sam,your U.S.Divers flat gauge should go over $100.The Sportsways.They used to go high but have dropped.Some can still go for good money.I got lucky and got a buy it now last week for the third one I needed.It was $15 + $2 shipping.They usuallly go for over $50.Sometimes over $100.They made a 75' ,150' and a 250'.I don't ship over seas to much of a hassle.I know a few people that got ripped off.Right Jerry!If I did send it i would send it registered mail with insurance only.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom