Where's Moonie ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Uncle Pug:
Well... I guess we could just all go out an buy our own Moonie and take pictures of it and then post them here. Save the trouble of sending the same one around the world.

Still... that kinda does away with the whole idea of a world travelling SB gnome.

So to my way of thinking more Moonies is not better at all... if imposters are allowed why should anyone bother with the original?
Point taken.

Uncle Pug:
Well... I guess we could just all go out an buy our own Moonie and take pictures of it and then post them here. Save the trouble of sending the same one around the world.

Still... that kinda does away with the whole idea of a world travelling SB gnome.

So to my way of thinking more Moonies is not better at all... if imposters are allowed why should anyone bother with the original?
I don't think this guy was so much an impostor as somebody at the quarry decided he would be a cool addition. We just happened to know about the Moonie here. So I think this guy is more of a second cousin or something not Moonie, more like MoonShine or something. :D

Perhaps we need to increase the velocity at which Moonie changes hands. Just like money, Moonie needs to change hands. At least while he is so young, I think he needs to travel a bit faster.

Seems like we need to limit his stay to over a weekend, then in the post so the next person can have him for the weekend.

Uncle Pug:
I showed this to the "real" Moonie and he concurs! He thought it was pretty cool he has a cousin out there (not second cousin... Moonie says Moonshine is his first cousin.... his dad's sister's son :wink:)

dlndavid:
Seems like we need to limit his stay to over a weekend, then in the post so the next person can have him for the weekend.
Or a pass off to another Sb'er after the dive so he can get around with the traveling divers...

Just a thought..

pennypue:
Perhaps we need to increase the velocity at which Moonie changes hands. Just like money, Moonie needs to change hands. At least while he is so young, I think he needs to travel a bit faster.
Yeah, I know he's been here awhile. He took a week just to get here, then he really wanted to go diving. Since he missed the 4th of July weekend trip, the next one is tomorrow. His flight outa here will be Friday morning, but he doesn't know where he's going yet??? Hopefully someplace in the US or Canada, 'cause I'm too broke to pay for an overseas ticket this time around :11:

Snowbear:
Yeah, I know he's been here awhile. He took a week just to get here, then he really wants to go diving. Since he missed the 4th of July weekend trip, the next one is tomorrow. His flight outa here will be Friday morning, but he doesn't know were he's going yet??? Hopefully someplace in the US or Canada, 'cause I'm too broke to pay for an overseas ticket this time around :11:
If you can get him to me by Thurs the 28th, I can take him to Marathon with me & maybe pass him off to someone there.

Snowbear:
I showed this to the "real" Moonie and he concurs! He thought it was pretty cool he has a cousin out there (not second cousin... Moonie says Moonshine is his first cousin.... his dad's sister's son :wink:)

We West Virginians get confused by talk like this. If he's his dad's sister's son doesn't that make him his brother. :D

The real Moonie needs to get on the move. :wink:

Back
Top Bottom