Where's Moonie ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mrs.Prages:
Yes, those are bubbles! we were all at Rawlings this weekend and this little fellow spent the whole weekend roaming around the quarry, off gassing at random spots. What a clown! :D
I've not tried 'off-gassing' like THAT before!!!!

kwickert:
I believe I ran into Moonie this weekend at Lake Rawlings...

The little fellow really gets around!

I had no idea he was so famous!

Ken
Hey another Moonie, but you'll have to name him Moonie II, the more Moonies the better.
David

I could just see the guy..."Hey, pull my finger", or... "Yah, just hold the Bic right there":D

Is he off gassing or equalizing? At either rate :rofl:

So Sue me :wink:

pennypue:
I've not tried 'off-gassing' like THAT before!!!!
One of my buddies has done this. In fact he says that it happens almost every time he dives.

The reason I know this is that I was swimming next to him one time when I heard a low rumble. For the life of me I couldn't figure out what it was. After the dive I asked him about it and all he could do was laugh.

Eventually he admitted to what he was doing... Now we just call it an alternative equalization technique.

Parrothead_Diver:
One of my buddies has done this. In fact he says that it happens almost every time he dives.

The reason I know this is that I was swimming next to him one time when I heard a low rumble. For the life of me I couldn't figure out what it was. After the dive I asked him about it and all he could do was laugh.

Eventually he admitted to what he was doing... Now we just call it an alternative equalization technique.
Couldn't you tell by his suit expansion? :wink:

dlndavid:
Hey another Moonie, but you'll have to name him Moonie II, the more Moonies the better.
David
Well... I guess we could just all go out an buy our own Moonie and take pictures of it and then post them here. Save the trouble of sending the same one around the world.

Still... that kinda does away with the whole idea of a world travelling SB gnome.

So to my way of thinking more Moonies is not better at all... if imposters are allowed why should anyone bother with the original?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom