Where's everyone hiding their liftbag/signal devices

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Under my tank in the backplate "envelope" Eclipse, furled like a flag, clipped to the butt D-ring. Except...usually I did not replace it after use, so it sits clipped to the shoulder D-ring with the bolt snap. I use it on most dives, at 20 ft.

Tavi:
I think the "sleeve" is just another unnecessary piece of equipment.
My lift bag is held at the bottom of my backplate by 2 bungie loops.

Exactly what I've done. My spool is hung from my butt D-ring.

I have a few bungies around my tank. Slide the bag under the bungies and grab when I need to

I like the Dive Rite sleeve... I keep both the SMB and a 100' spool in there. One yank and out they some.

Rock Jock

DSC_0156-1.jpg

I use a 50lb OMS SMB. Zip-tied to it are a mirror and whistle (they also keep the SMB's bottom end submerged when inflated).
I keep the SMB in my jacket BC pocket, or in a Dive-Rite mask pouch when I use my transpac. I clip my 100ft reel (to deploy SMB at depth) to my hip D-ring.
Dive safely.

NAVY21:
Since I am not really a fan of stuffing stuff up behind a backpad like the oms and halcyon backpads advertise as a feature (plus the least amount of crap to undo to switch from doubles to sta the better), what would be a good out-of-the-way place? I've seen the OMS emergency deployment system thing and it sees like an okay idea-although a little pricey for a pad, small belt and bungee. I have two zeagle pockets on my bp/w harness, one of them with spare mask, the other with tables, whistle, etc so pockets are out. Anyone have some examples from their set up...or creative ideas haha? Thanks!
just like the other divers who posted on this thread, i keep the balloons bungied to the bottom of the backplate, 1 pair of bungee rings on opposite sides of the plate per balloon. out of the way, and no hassle when changing bladders, attaching the STA, etc.

I actually ended up getting 2 dive-rite thigh pockets, they hang from the bc and then wrap around my legs. Plenty of room and they can switch from suit to suit without being taken apart.

For those of you who are using bungee to secure the SMBs at the bottom of the plate, could you post pics to give an idea?

Thanks!

I keep one wrapped around my jersey upline. Basically is nothing but a spool about 18 inches long with about 200 foot of sisal on it. And this sits between my doubles. And another one in my catch bag

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom