Where's everyone hiding their liftbag/signal devices

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I use the DR sleeve with 2 "sex bolts" on the side of my plate with the opening facing down and a short piece of line with a bolt snap to a d ring on my right side, and the halcyon pocket with a 125 lb lift bag with a short piece of line going to my left side. Been on the boat with it a bunch of times and really liked how everything stayed out of the way when stowing and moving gear as well as getting ready to jump in.

I think the "sleeve" is just another unnecessary piece of equipment.
My lift bag is held at the bottom of my backplate by 2 bungie loops.

Like Tavi says, bugies are to a diver as duct tape is to ........ well, you get the idea. I got the MC pack with my plate, so I store a 50 or 100 bag folded in there with a double ender attached to a d-ring I installed on the bottom back right. Adds a nice spot to hide a finger spool. Deploys easily and if I need to store it during a dive, I roll it up and tuck it in the belt. My sausage is on the right hip d-ring, yup, I completely dis-regard the possibility the extra d-rings will be my demise...:D

If I need to carry an extra mask or other devices, I have a Zeagle belt bag I add.

NAVY21:
Since I am not really a fan of stuffing stuff up behind a backpad like the oms and halcyon backpads advertise as a feature (plus the least amount of crap to undo to switch from doubles to sta the better), what would be a good out-of-the-way place? I've seen the OMS emergency deployment system thing and it sees like an okay idea-although a little pricey for a pad, small belt and bungee. I have two zeagle pockets on my bp/w harness, one of them with spare mask, the other with tables, whistle, etc so pockets are out. Anyone have some examples from their set up...or creative ideas haha? Thanks!

I have a 100 # yellow lift bag rolled up and bungied under all three of my BP and Wings. Never have a problem with it getting in the way. Simple to deploy and if I'm diving with people that don't know me they will ask later where it came from. Very simple, very easy.

My SMB is in a pocket that attaches to the webbing of my BC on my right hip, just under the wing. you can't see it unless you look, but it's in just the right spot for me to reach it.

Z...

I have a DR Clipper Pocket as far back on my BP/W belt as possible. It stores my rolled up 6 ft. SMB, signal mirror, chemical lightstick, and small DR roll up collection bag. There is also room for a small backup knife. On other BP/W setups, I roll up and clip my SMB or lift bag to the BP as close to the bottom as possible, but on the side of the BP.

I try to wear as little as possible, and wear it towards the back for streamlining purposes and to keep it clean and simple. Since most of my diving is open ocean, I have to carry a certain amount of safety gear somewhere.

By the way, I have my whistle clipped to a piece of rubber innertube, just under my right shoulder D-ring, with a small piece of string attached so it won't fall off. The whistle or signal mirror can also be put on a small necklace and worn around the neck, tucked underneath the exposure suit if needed, but I prefer to keep my whistle within easy reach at all times.

So alot of you guys are somehow affixing it to your b/p, but what about a rec guy like me who is just using a jacket bc?

You can simply attach it to the back of the BC under your tank. I used silicone tubing and made a loop to tuck the SMB in it. when I had my RANGER BC

Now I have a back plate and my SMB goes neatly in the Back pad sleeve one pull..out she comes.

http://www.halcyon.net/mc/index.shtml
Go down to life support..you will see what I mean

divedadepths:
So alot of you guys are somehow affixing it to your b/p, but what about a rec guy like me who is just using a jacket bc?

I use a ScubaPro Classic+ and keep a 9' Carter SMB in the right front pocket.

The left pocket has a finger spool, Jotron Strobe and a little 4' safety sausage.

The left and right rear trim pockets usually have a water bottle and a wide brimmed hat.

Terry

NAVY21:
Since I am not really a fan of stuffing stuff up behind a backpad like the oms and halcyon backpads advertise as a feature (plus the least amount of crap to undo to switch from doubles to sta the better), what would be a good out-of-the-way place? I've seen the OMS emergency deployment system thing and it sees like an okay idea-although a little pricey for a pad, small belt and bungee. I have two zeagle pockets on my bp/w harness, one of them with spare mask, the other with tables, whistle, etc so pockets are out. Anyone have some examples from their set up...or creative ideas haha? Thanks!

I clip my SMB to the bottom right hand corner hole on my B/P.

the K

Back
Top Bottom