Where's Everybody the Weekend of the 10th?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'll be 136' down diving on the Oriskany! :D

galscuba: We should get together for a dive sometime. I'm temporarily living in Owasso (since March) and haven't had the opportunity to try any OK diving. ...too busy diving everywhere else.

Richard

PacketSniffer:
I'll be 136' down diving on the Oriskany! :D

galscuba: We should get together for a dive sometime. I'm temporarily living in Owasso (since March) and haven't had the opportunity to try any OK diving. ...too busy diving everywhere else.

Richard

Richard you have a PM.

...and you have one back. :wink:

It should be busy in Athens Dutchman. I believe it's the Hamburger Festival so there should be lots of folks in town if I'm right about it being this weekend.
You know... it is believed that the thing we call a "Hamburger" was created by a fellow in Athens around 1907 ( so says McDonalds Research Corp. and I would guess they would want to know the facts)
The story has it he took his special sandwich to the St. Louis Worlds Fair and it was a big hit along with some fried potatoes a friend of his in ""Paris, Texas"" taught him to make.

Yep... you guessed it " French Fries " Thats what the newspapers all called them and the name stuck.

The German community in St. Louis got PO'ed about the French getting credt for something and to lighten the social tension the guy named his sandwich for Hamburg, Germany.

Anyway Grab a few Burgers for us when your there OK !!!

"I'll gladly pay you Tuesday for them" :wink:

Timeliner:
You know... it is believed that the thing we call a "Hamburger" was created by a fellow in Athens around 1907 ( so says McDonalds Research Corp. and I would guess they would want to know the facts)

It was Athens' own "Uncle" Fletcher Davis that invented the hamburger as we know it today. The St. Louis World's Fair was actually in 1904, and among the other things introduced there were the ice cream cone and the corny dog... :D

Get out of here! Good trivia. Kinda gets my mind off Baby Shiloh for a moment.

shaggie:
As most saturdays, I'll be at Lake Travis for a little UW fun with a 2 or 3 others. Nothing as galmorous as what Debraw has planned, but still always good times to be had by all. You are welcome to come and join us if you don't mind the drive down this far south of the border!

John

Shaggie, I will be at Windy Point tomorrow and Sunday doing AOW. Are you going to be there Sunday as well?

No, I'll just be there saturday from 9 to 5 (OK maybe put in some OT also). Maybe we'll bump into each other.

John

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom