Where would you keep cash on liveaboards?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Been on many liveaboards and none had a safe and never had a problem. One time I had to leave a boat when my dive buddy got sick and all my gear, money, jewelry, clothes, cameras that were left on the boat in my room and when I picked it up over a week later, it was all there. I would not do this on a land based trip however and would use the in-room safes that are usually in the rooms or carry it with me in several places.

I keep cash and passport in my travel wallet inside an inner zippered pocket of my carryon. I might keep the carry-on locked... for the first day or two until it becomes a pain in the neck. By then I've realized everyone on the boat is pretty cool and don't bother locking it... but I do still keep the stuff buried inside the bag. You'd need to really be rooting around in my stuff to find it.

As the saying goes "locks keep honest people from stealing your stuff."

I've never been on a liveaboard, but the same thing might work that I do on land if there's a bureau or dresser and you're really concerned. I travel with a small roll of duct tape. Tape an envelope with your valuables to the underside of a drawer.

Of course now I have to worry about any of you jerks that I might travel with.

Please pardon any typos. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

At your local gun store, you should be able to find a small lockable pistol case with a cable. I think I paid $35 for mine. It will keep honest people and lazy thieves out as it is fairly light weight steel. It maybe weighs a pound or two.

I haven't been on a live aboard, but I travel alot for work, and use mine extensively.

" I've never been on a liveaboard, but the same thing might work that I do on land if there's a bureau or dresser..."

Obviously, you've never been on a liveaboard.

:)

diving-liveaboard-sea-escape-socorro-guadalupe-11.jpg

Looks like that is just for surface use. No depth figures given. I prefer an Otterbox (good to 130'). I use it as a wallet on any dive vacation and it goes with me on every dive. Many sizes available. Had a small one for keys, credit card, drivers license, C-card's. and money. Finally got a slightly bigger one so I could fit my glasses. I can even squeeze my passport in.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom