Where would you go on your first Caribbean trip if you could do it over??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Cozumel was my first and I loved it. Bonaire is also a good choice.

Like many others before me Bonaire...

I've been to Cuba, Dominican, most of Mexico, Curacao but my fave is Bonaire.

Cheers.

-J.-

Living in St. Thomas and diving daily, I hear from many divers who have traveled alot comment on the diving here. There is so much diversity in the dive sites, many wrecks, pinnacles, and reefs. We have it all! And viz is awesome! Your time frame is also the end of high season so rates start to go down. If you come down, look us up and I'll give you some pointers on where to eat great food at very reasonable prices.

Suuba Laura. Tried to give you guys a call but got fax machine.

What kind of hotel/dive package do you guys have?

Cozumel was my first, it was the cheapest place we could go out of Denver, so it was our only choice.
With 3 divers in the family, cost always played a part in our decision on where to go.
Now with the kid in college and not going on trips with us, we are making more adventurous dive trips.

My first trip was to the Keys. If I could do it over again Cozumel would be my first choice. I have been to: Keys, Antigua, St. Thomas, St. John, St. Croix, St. Lucia, New Priovidence, Providenciales, Grand Turk, Cozumel, Jamaica, Grand Cayman, Cayman Brac, Little Cayman, Roatan, Belize, Palau and Saba. Best diving (in order): Palau, Little Cayman, Cozumel and Providenciales.

I picked Cozumel because its inexpensive, easy to get to, the diving is excellent and the people are so cool.

CarribeanDiver
I'm heading to Mahahual in May. I plan on staying at Dreamtime and diving with Dreamtime. Can you give me any information on the accomodations. Their website has very limited data on the rooms. I haven't made my hotel reservations, but have locked in my flights. If what I read about them is correct I expect basic rooms without TV or AC. High speed internet and rooms right on the beach(ie no road between rooms and water). Do you know what the difference is between their regular rooms and their junior suites. Thank you
Jerry

St Barth's.

Scuba Laura, I lived there eight years.

I started at St Thomas Diving Club lining up lounge chairs and raking the beach, before my 3-11 at the hospital. (Bolongo bay)

We would hop over to the Cartanza Sr...is it still there?

I have been to Bonaire three times, so That is my number one. I have been a lot of places in the eastern carribean. Then I have been to Aruba 5 times, that is number two as Aruba has a few wrecks to dive. Then I would say Curacao, I worked there for 4 months. Have fun no matter what your choice is.

Back
Top Bottom