Where Would You Dive With Three Weeks Vacation?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dawhale

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I have tried to follow this forum for some time but have not been able to figure out where the best diving is in the Philippines, per my interest. This will be my first trip so what do you recommend?

Experience: 800 dives. Four trips to Indonesia, One to Malaysia, one to Cozumel, one to Honduras.
Cost: I feel you get what you pay and I want my visit to be memorable.
What I would like to see if possible: Whalesharks, nudibranches, Hammerhead sharks, large rays, wobegone.

I can visit for three weeks. My wife will be coming with me. I would be most interested in shooting underwater video . Night life is not necessary. Good food, comfortable lodging and a safe dive operation is paramount. I have tried the research the archives but can not get a feel for diving in the country. Aside from recommending the dive locations I would appreciate a recommendation for the dive operation. Thank you in advance. dawhale

My favorites are Puerto Galera, Atlantis Resort and dive op. Anilao, Aquaventure Dive Resort. There will be many more recommendations as soon as the PPD wake up but I have a lot of photos in the second half of my gallery from the Philippines and some photos from Atlantis. I'm headed back there for several months on Wednesday.

These two resorts have mostly small stuff but after traveling to Bali, Malaysia, Palau and Yap as recently as late last year, I have to say that these locations have some of the best macro I've ever seen.

dawhale,
On top of Diver Dennis's recommendation, you might wanna add Southern Leyte (Sogod Bay Resort), Bohol, and Dumaguete to the list.

Hi Dawhale,

Dennis is right that macro here is awesome, but you will need to check out some of the other recommendations to get your whale sharks and hammerheads. I think you would definitely enjoy our resort in Dumaguete, a real paradise!

Send me a pm or email me at matt@atlantishotel.com and I see what we can arrange for you.

Cheers,

Matt.
Resort Manager
Atlantis PG
www.atlantishotel.com

Woebegone in the Philippines?

You won't see much pelagics in Puerto Galera. It is a very comfortable place to spend a week and to explore the various sites in the vicinity but you will be itching to go elsewhere after a week.

Why not try other countries eg Palau? Great Barrier Reef (for the Woe Be Gones?) Sipadan/Layang Layang for hammerheads? Manado for nudis.

Liveaboard out of Puerto Princesa (Palawan Island) to Tubbataha Reefs in the Sulu Sea; and the WWII Japanese Wrecks in Coron Bay (Busuanga Island) --kind of a "mini-Chuuk Lagoon"-- planning this future 3-4 week trip sometime next year.

noooo....no... no... stick to the philippines! help us boost our tourism. :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom