Where to take my honeymoon

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Billy even if you don't do the cruise, you will still love French Polynesia...and Bora Bora in particular. That was definitely among my favorite of the islands.

I'm heading out for a camping trip, but when I get back I'll PM you some detailed information about Bora Bora and things you can do there. It really is paradise!

Leejnd:
This is particularly important if you are considering Bora Bora or any other island in French Polynesia. The reality is that food in FP is generally, well, not that great -- and it's WAY rediculously expensive. If you tried to duplicate the PG dining experience on any of the islands, you would easily triple your vacation spending, and it still wouldn't be nearly as good. I don't think I ate a single decent meal on land while I was there.

Just wanted to reiterate what Leejnd said about the food expense, especially if you are thinking of Bora Bora. They really have you by the cajones there since it is so remote and there aren't McDonalds or fast food joints all over the place to eat cheaply. They have a captive audience and know it, so the restaurants charge you a lot for food. You will likely spend a lot of money dining in restaurants. I think that breakfasts costs us something like $75 for two every morning, and dinners ran us between $125-$650 for the two of us (and we are not big drinkers). To try and save some money, we went to the local grocery store and bought supplies like wine, bread, cheese, and coldcuts so that we could make some our own lunches and eat on the deck of our bungalow. This not only helped us save money, but it honestly was some of the most romantic and memorable meals we had dining on our own deck in the middle of nowhere at our bungalow over the ocean water. We were just there 5 months ago for our honeymoon, so feel free to PM me if you want some additional info/tips.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom