Where to stay on Bunaken/Siladen/Lembeh

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TTA

Reaction score
Hi everyone!

We've decided to go to Bunaken/Siladen or Lembeh at the beginning of April and having read through many posts on this forum we've narrowed it down to quite a few resorts. Hoping some one will be able to help us decide!

If we stay on Bunaken/Siladen we were thinking about going with Froggies, Twofish, Onong/Mapia or Siladen Resort and Spa. I've heard that Twofish are on a quieter part of the beach. Can you compare the locations/dive masters? The thing about Onong/Mapia is that they will take us to Lembeh on a day trip - do we need to do this or should we just stay in Bunaken - we only have 3.5 diving days. Which of these have the best housereef?

Also can't find any info at all on Siladen Resort and Spa's dive op - the website looks great for the accomodation though! :)

If we go to Lembeh it is a toss up between Lembeh Resort and Kunkungan - it seems like there isn't too much difference between them - the DMs are good and Lembeh is a bit newer - is that right? Am I right also in thinking that Kunkungan has the better house reef?

Should we go to Lembeh or just go with Bunaken? I'm quite keen to see all the wierd and wonderful critters at Lembeh, but am a bit worried my buddy will be bored by all the black sand and will want to do a bit of blue water diving - assume that Bunaken will give a good mix of both?

Thanks in advance!

I ve stayed with celebes divers in Onong resort; For such a small stay don't go anywhere else: it' really nice and confortable, exellent food, nice beach etc etc . Don't spend your bucks in SIladen Spa ( lot of mixed revieww.....)
Whith the saved bucks do 3 dives a day.
Again for a small time i will stay in bunaken because you will see already A LOT of critters there. THe guides are unbelieveble to find those little things.
In the manado resort where you wil probably stay the first of the late nite; ask to see the movies done by one of the italian biologist who work there.

Have a blast

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom