Where to stay/dive in San Cristobal

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

PamelaH

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
My dive buddy and I are going to the Galapagos for a LOB in June but we have 2 days in San Cristobal before boarding the boat. I'm looking around trying to figure out the best place to stay and who the best dive operators are and there is precious little info about it. If you have gone to San Cristobal to dive Kicker Rock can you recommend a hotel and/or a dive resort and or a dive operator? TIA!

Bump...

Looking for hotel recommendations in San Cristobal. Preferably walking distance to food outlets, as opposed to secluded properties. Thanks

Bump...

Looking for hotel recommendations in San Cristobal. Preferably walking distance to food outlets, as opposed to secluded properties. Thanks

We stayed at this place which was fine. It's right in the thick of things including a bunch of dive shops

Hotel Los Algarrobos
Avenida Quito y Alsacio Northia, Puerto Baquerizo Moreno, Galapagos, EC

Bump...

Also - we dove Kicker Rock with Planet Ocean. It was fun.

We dove with Blue Evolution. The owner, Wendy Morante, was very flexible, including letting us leave some gear there while we went on a 10-day cruise. In addition to diving Leon Dormido, we did a deep dive through a cave (we dropped in at 110', I believe--no Nitrox around), two tanks on Espanola (patchy, but nice, reefs), and a night dive around the corner from the harbor. (There were more than 50 hammerheads at Kicker Rock . . . per the video of the snorkelers above us. We saw one.)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom