Where to stay and who to dive with on Ambergris caye?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Has anyone done any of the Mayan ruins tours while down on there vacation. I just may have to stretch that 7 day trip into a 10 day one? Thoughts and who you used for the trip?

I have done all the mayan ruin trips in Belize (live here) 'Lamani' is the one i do over and over.
It is pristine rain forest where most of the others are not. it also has a feild museum that the others don't but most of all it includes a boat trip up a jungle river to get there.

Hi Peter,

I'm going to Ambergris in april. We are renting a house called el fuerte. Have you heard any reviews of this place. Are there dive shops nearby. Thanks for any help

I started by saying I'd never heard of el Fuerte, but I've just looked it up and realise that not only do I know the house, I've been in it several times. I'm not sure whether the owners now listed are the people I knew who were staying there last year, but I do know they were considering buying it.

I know nothing of the house as a business, but it's in a back street very close to the beach directly north of Banyan Bay resort. Close to a small shopping parade. Very quiet spot that is nonetheless not far from town. Nice place.

There is a dive shop at Banyan Bay (owned by them) called Bottom Time and they would probably be your best bet, though pretty well any of the town dive centers would pick you up. The convenience of a short walk to the dive center is probably decisive, though.

For the record, I closed Protech in late summer last year. Tired of the unequal struggle which is summed up by too many operators chasing too few visitors. But I'm still active in the industry and you'll still see me on here!

thanks for the reply Peter. Appreciate it

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom