Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I thought PADI tec 40, 45 and 50 would teach trimix...

A question: is the count of dives in your profile correct? Did you do less than 24 dives in your life?
Surely not, it is around 350-500 dives. Let me update it.

Because she's probably somewhere between "peak of mount stupid" and "climbing the slope of enlightenment" :cool:

1637931629709.png

To become a well-trained technical diver, you should take the next grades, PADI TEC 45, PADI TEC 50. After completing the “50” course, you will be able to take a technical diving course, in which you use a gas called “trimix” to breathe. These courses are PADI TEC TRIMIX 65 and PADI TEC TRIMIX DIVER.

not sure why you think that technical diving only starts after PADI tec 50 or TRIMIX. At the Tec 40 level you are certified to 40m with limited decompression. Exceeding NDL is one of the definitions of technical diving.

Brilliant graphic.

Really sums up my diving career!

Hear hear! Same goes for me!

To become a well-trained technical diver, you should take the next grades, PADI TEC 45, PADI TEC 50. After completing the “50” course, you will be able to take a technical diving course, in which you use a gas called “trimix” to breathe. These courses are PADI TEC TRIMIX 65 and PADI TEC TRIMIX DIVER.

Hmm. PADI are renowned as trainers of novices and recreational diving. Whilst PADI offer those technical diving courses, they're most definitely not the only agency.

When embarking on technical diving you first select your instructor based upon their technical experience, their technical skills and their teaching skills. Someone who teaches lots of Open Water courses and who talks the talk doesn't necessarily have the technical experience that you will need as you embark on your technical journey.

Aside from the training, you need to ensure you have the right amount of practice -- that's lots and lots -- and you can dive with similarly technically-minded people.

Technical diving is very different from recreational diving. You spend far more time practicing, planning and researching and it's most definitely not a short-term "I'll do my PADI" experience. As a budding technical diver, many of your recreational friends will not understand how much discipline it requires to become "good". If you've only ever dived with recreational divers, you may never have seen what "good" skills looks like amongst all the "adequate" skills.

I thought PADI tec 40, 45 and 50 would teach trimix...

A question: is the count of dives in your profile correct? Did you do less than 24 dives in your life?

At least with TDI, you can combine Helitrox with AN/DP (if instructor is qualified as a Trimix instructor).

I’m of the opinion that PADI only jumped on the “tec” band wagon when they saw everyone else doing it.

At least with TDI, you can combine Helitrox with AN/DP (if instructor is qualified as a Trimix instructor).

I’m of the opinion that PADI only jumped on the “tec” band wagon when they saw it everyone else doing it.
Their challenge is to have skilled technical instructors amongst the mass of recreational-level instructors.

Simply asking the question: "What were the last 30 technical dives you did that weren't training?"

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom