Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The OP hasn't been on SB since July, when he posted his question. We may never know what he decided.

I would divorce yourself from the global fantasy get some twin tanks and go diving in Denmark

With other twin tank Denmarkians

All good advice..

In general i see too much blabla and not enough diving. Fast track to "success"..gue fundies guys doing t1 after just 150 lifetime dives...and already during their t1 class where they barely make it talking about ccr courses.

The OP sounds like one of those..not talking about what he is passionate about but how to get cheaply to full trimix.

Bah!!

In general i see too much blabla and not enough diving. Fast track to "success"..gue fundies guys doing t1 after just 150 lifetime dives...and already during their t1 class where they barely make it talking about ccr courses.
One of my former OW/AOW students a few years ago earned T1 certification after 230 dives, 2 years of diving. I don't see the problem if they have the skills. And if it wasn't for the new job, he'd be diving a rebreather now.

As long as divers have the skills and awareness, I don't see the issue. Everyone has a different pace, and with a solid training foundation, people can advance pretty fast. If your initial training like mine sucked really bad, then it takes a bit longer, where I didn't get into rebreathers until after 500 dives.

In a gue context you get into rebreather diving not for photography or because you like technology..you get it because it is a tool for a job..which implies longer range/deeper dives with long exposures.

You can t just fasttrack this ****, no matter how talented you are! In my opinion you need a solid 100 trimix dives on t1 level before you look at deeper (t2/full tx on oc..or ccr).

You need to have solidified ascends, switches, general awareness and basic foundations, deco profiles should become 2nd nature...this takes time or better dives.

Anyway...it is just an opinion and they are like assholes! 😉

I just did my TDI intro to tech here in Moalboal, Philippines. IMHO best course to start with to assess readiness for certain skills absolutely needed for further tech courses. Yes helium is a bit expensive here but that will be necessary at the higher level courses. For the rest the course fees are cheaper and the best part is the cost of living is cheap. You have to factor in cost of your stay here since the courses could run into weeks if taken together as a package.

And again you really need to get on that rebreather and see if you can even breathe it or want to
and then get that buoyancy thing happening

I just did my TDI intro to tech here in Moalboal, Philippines. IMHO best course to start with to assess readiness for certain skills absolutely needed for further tech courses. Yes helium is a bit expensive here but that will be necessary at the higher level courses. For the rest the course fees are cheaper and the best part is the cost of living is cheap. You have to factor in cost of your stay here since the courses could run into weeks if taken together as a package.
The "core" technical skills aren't about helium, it's about extending your bottom times safely well beyond the scourge of the NDL (non deco limits). For example doing 75 minutes at 30m/100ft and 20ish mins of decompression. Or doing an hour at 40m/130ft, with about 45ish mins of deco. All of those are done without helium (unless you really want to spend money on gas!).

It's about giving your the skills and competence to go on to more advanced diving and training, not to mention diving solo so you can enjoy the whole dive without worrying about others. Even sorting out your rebreather journey which is so much easier with good core skills and good knowledge of theory, planning, gas and decompression plus associated skills.

To become a well-trained technical diver, you should take the next grades, PADI TEC 45, PADI TEC 50. After completing the “50” course, you will be able to take a technical diving course, in which you use a gas called “trimix” to breathe. These courses are PADI TEC TRIMIX 65 and PADI TEC TRIMIX DIVER.

To become a well-trained technical diver, you should take the next grades, PADI TEC 45, PADI TEC 50. After completing the “50” course, you will be able to take a technical diving course, in which you use a gas called “trimix” to breathe. These courses are PADI TEC TRIMIX 65 and PADI TEC TRIMIX DIVER.

I thought PADI tec 40, 45 and 50 would teach trimix...

A question: is the count of dives in your profile correct? Did you do less than 24 dives in your life?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom