Where to Service Atomic Regs?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SandyUT

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi all.

We have a couple Atomic regs that are due for service. the LDS has done them twice and Scuba Toys once. ST was much more affordable because we bought them there. Mailing them there was a little unsettling. Service was fast and good. LDS was VERY SLOW and they seems confused about basic organization as in if the service was done, when it would be done, etc. WE have a second LDS option that is an authorized Atomic dealer. Curious if STs is still providing the same good levels of service? What to other atomic owners do when service comes due? (we really have no allegiance to any LDS...for better or worse...)

That sounds like a great option! I will reach out to them. many thanks!

Just a quick note - if you do not opt for additional insurance on the declared value of what you are shipping, then the claim allowance is capped at $100.
Your call whether to pay the premium, or work from the assumptions that UPS and USPS rarely lose anything. I point that out because most folks only realize that when it does happen, and they are left holding the bag.

In answer to your question, yes ST is still providing the same great levels of service. They're my goto LDS here in DFW and last I heard their turn around time on a reg service was about 2 weeks. Obviously you'd have to ship your reg set to them but you'll get the same great service as always and if you already trust them to service your gear, that makes a big difference, too.

LDS I teach out off is Atomic dealer. Turn around time can be next day or 1 or 2 weeks. Depends on work load. Customer can go into our pool when they come in to pickup gear at no charge.

In answer to your question, yes ST is still providing the same great levels of service. They're my goto LDS here in DFW and last I heard their turn around time on a reg service was about 2 weeks. Obviously you'd have to ship your reg set to them but you'll get the same great service as always and if you already trust them to service your gear, that makes a big difference, too.

Great to know!! thank you! I wish we were closer to ST. We bought the majority of our gear through them. Might be going back there for service as well.

Sending the regulator to Atomic for service will be more expensive compared with LDS. Make sure that you call Atomic first and get a quotation from them if you want to go that route. ST is probably one of the best options. @tbone1004 knows of other LDS in his area that he highly recommends.

@BurhanMuntasser correct, sending them to Air Tech Services in Raleigh, NC will get you top notch service as well

@SandyUT I would have no hesitations shipping regulators for service. When you send to someone like Air Tech, Scubatoys, Dive Right in Scuba, etc. you know that your gear is being worked on by true professional regulator techs. Far different experience when guys that are paid real money to do nothing but service regulators vs. a guy sitting in the back of a dive shop who is a "professional" that may service one or two reg sets a month.
Assuming you're in Utah, you may want to contact Dive Addicts in Salt Lake. If I'm not mistaken the Thornton's dive Atomics

@BurhanMuntasser correct, sending them to Air Tech Services in Raleigh, NC will get you top notch service as well

@SandyUT I would have no hesitations shipping regulators for service. When you send to someone like Air Tech, Scubatoys, Dive Right in Scuba, etc. you know that your gear is being worked on by true professional regulator techs. Far different experience when guys that are paid real money to do nothing but service regulators vs. a guy sitting in the back of a dive shop who is a "professional" that may service one or two reg sets a month.
Assuming you're in Utah, you may want to contact Dive Addicts in Salt Lake. If I'm not mistaken the Thornton's dive Atomics
+1 for Dive Addicts, and they are in Draper, not so far from Sandy.

Back
Top Bottom