Where to live...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JRO

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hello all,

I've decided it's time for a change. With that said I'm looking to relocate to somewhere where the diving is fine (preferably year round) and I'm thinking it's the left coast. Knowing little of the diving there (other than a week spent between Long Beach and San Diego) I was hoping some members here could give me some suggestions for a dive monkey to be happy.

Thanks much,

Jeff

I think your budget would really affect the recommendations. With an unlimited budget I would without a doubt say Malibu. However, Palos Verdes is also amazing.

I think your budget would really affect the recommendations. With an unlimited budget I would without a doubt say Malibu. However, Palos Verdes is also amazing.

I agree.

I just moved from NYC and am glad to be here in LA. I just bought a place in the Valley. Not ideal for diving but could be worse. Everybody has to drive at some point here. And drive and drive and drive...:wink:

Basically I compromised. Somewhat centrally located to work and play, affordable, nice, and safe. I also like to mountain bike so being in land is a good thing too.

Where you plan to work should likely decide where you live in the SoCal area.

All that said, IMHO if money were not an issue and work location didn't matter, I personally would choose San Diego. The shore diving is excellent and a bit more consistent than the LA area. Although, the LA area has many sites to choose from. Maybe I would go with Orange County though and be in the middle of both! :eyebrow:

california coastine you'll find an abundant diving no matter where. if north exposure protection is top priority, if south exposure protection in a lighter degree is gonna be priority. Palos Verdes, if you go there, make sure you contact me...we dive there ALL the time. We always want to meet the locals. Dive stations....you know.

That's the beauty of SoCal, no matter where you live, diving is less than and hour or so away. The cost of housing rises the closer you are to the beach.

So all that said, who wants to do a nice easy shore dive with me? I need to get back in the water! I am in Tarzana and usually have weekday's free....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom