Where to go in November/December?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Liberty01

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hi!
Where to go for about 2-3weeks diving in November/beginning of December?
Looking for uncrowded and unspoilt dive spots and great diving, maybe liveaboard.
I am getting confused with huge choice of boats and routes in the Maldives and wonder whether it is worth the trip. Any recommendations about whale sharks/cleaner stations etc.. Is it the right time of the year?
Other consideration would be a liveaboard to Myanmar (I have dived the Similans already).
Third choice would be Indonesia, but it will be rainy season in most places there.

All advice will be appreciated.
Cheers,
Liberty

Seychelles for whale shark tagging in November...

Bunaken is remote and beautiful but vis will be poor if it is the rainy season. I was just there a few months ago. 2 Fish is great, also try Living Colors livingcoloursdiving.com. If you want discount accomodations & local culture, stay next door to LC at Lorenzo II. Same ownership but cheaper bungalows.

Also make time for at least 4 days at Lembeh Straights (world class Muck diving) only 2 hours transport from Bunakan and also remote.

There is now a cheap direct flight from Kuala Lumpur to Manado on airasia.com , catch a taxi into town and Living Colors or 2 Fish should arrange the rest (it is easy to catch a taxi boat from near the fishing pier out to Bunakan)

Well, I haved dived Bunaken, not other places in Sulawesi though.
I thought, November/December was rainy season there.
Cheers, Liberty

Re:Bunaken. I spent one week there in May this year and loved it. I was told by a local dive guide that November a good time to dive there: good visibility, little currents and many juveniles !
That is the month that I would go back to.

I thought about spending the last week of October in Bali. Mola-mola season?
By the way, anyone has been diving on Selayar or has taken a liveaboard to Takabonerate south of Selayar? Anyone been to Bira?

Cheers,
Liberty

I thought about spending the last week of October in Bali. Mola-mola season?
By the way, anyone has been diving on Selayar or has taken a liveaboard to Takabonerate south of Selayar? Anyone been to Bira?

Cheers,
Liberty

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom