Where to go in Indonesia, 10 days, budget

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

yeah....:D I went with this operator all the 3 times we went to komodo...:wink: 2008 aboard arijaya(the smallest and cheaper)-2011 aboard the new pratiwi(wow that's a beautiful boat... we love it) and 2012 always aboard pratiwi... the next summer 2013 trip will be on pratiwi for the third time(after ten days in alor)!!! :D during our last trip we went with the owner for a tour aboard lalunia to meet some italian friends, and they are very happy for the boat!! is really beautiful!
This operator is all year long at komodo... since 2005.... a warranty for us.. the price/quality is very good!
bye bye
boletus

ps:there's also a facebook page of this operator with many beautiful photos of komodo underwater(from a good uw photographer:D:D:D)... the page is in italian but they speak also english and if you book trough this page you can get a free nightdive....:wink: https://www.facebook.com/CrocieraKomodoAridive

Sorry to highjack the thread, I checked the website out and it seems like the Pratiwi only has 2 rooms, each with a double bed. Is this right? Does that mean only 4 guests on the boat?? WOW a whole boat to yourself for $800 per night.... not a bad deal at all. Do the rooms have AC?
Do they have specific itineraries or can you just book the boat for as many nights as you want and they will take you as far as they can in that amount of time?

Sorry to highjack the thread, I checked the website out and it seems like the Pratiwi only has 2 rooms, each with a double bed. Is this right? Does that mean only 4 guests on the boat?? WOW a whole boat to yourself for $800 per night.... not a bad deal at all. Do the rooms have AC?
Do they have specific itineraries or can you just book the boat for as many nights as you want and they will take you as far as they can in that amount of time?

Hi AlMitch... yes right, Pratiwi has only 2 rooms, each with a double bed and each with private bathroom... Yes, of course... only 4 guests on the boat :D But the cruise starts also with only 2 guests :wink::D
The rooms have only fan not AC, but I know that the owner is planning to add AC but I don't know when :wink: Usually they don't have fixed itinerary but depends on the guests and weather/sea conditions. Also the scheduling is flexible, if there aren't booked cruise in your period you can book how many days you want (usually the minimum is 5/6 days to see the major dive sites).
bye bye
Boletus

Hi AlMitch... yes right, Pratiwi has only 2 rooms, each with a double bed and each with private bathroom... Yes, of course... only 4 guests on the boat :D But the cruise starts also with only 2 guests :wink::D
The rooms have only fan not AC, but I know that the owner is planning to add AC but I don't know when :wink: Usually they don't have fixed itinerary but depends on the guests and weather/sea conditions. Also the scheduling is flexible, if there aren't booked cruise in your period you can book how many days you want (usually the minimum is 5/6 days to see the major dive sites).
bye bye
Boletus

just sent e-mail to aleksandra - hope we can get Pratiwi for four of us on August 2013.

just sent e-mail to aleksandra - hope we can get Pratiwi for four of us on August 2013.

Hi Wisnu, I hope you'll be lucky.. august is the most crowded period...:depressed:
i'm just looking at the blog of your daughter.. wow.. you have been to walea... me too:wink::wink: very nice photos :D
bye bye
bol.

Last edited:
January/February definitely not the best time to dive Indonesia. As some mentioned, look at live-aboard in Ranja Ampat for a much better dive experience. If you can change for May/June, then Bali as a lot to offer and can easily be done on a budget. Another location around Jan/Feb to look at is Thailand. Similands, Richelieu and Burma banks have mantas and whale sharks around that time of the year. Easy to hope on a live-aboard for 3/4 days, and if you look for more diversity, you could head down to Koh Lanta and dive Hin Deang/Hin Muang, with chances of seeing Pelagics there. Both Kaoh Lak and Koh Lanta have budget sleeping options. Lanta is best to be based in the south to shorten travel to the mentioned dive sites. the lot can easily be done in 10 days. If you need any non bias info on Thailand, let me know.
Regards,
Franck

Hi I'm planning on going to Indonesia either solo or with another friend for 10 days of diving. My budget will probably be around $3000 AUD and am looking for the best bang for buck diving. I would really like to see some mantas and whale sharks as well as some macro stuff. I will be travelling some time in January or February, not %100 sure yet. Budget doesn't include airfare but includes gear, hire, accommodation, other fees.

Would appreciate your advice :)

Sent from my LT18i using Tapatalk 2

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom