Where to go in Florida..read me

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

selkie57:
Hello:
I got OW cert last year and followed that by 2 weeks in Grand Cayman (fabbo).
No diving since then but am planning a week vacation wiht my mum and will driv to Florida. Where is the best place for me..a newbie still in need of some handholding and equipment rental. Mum likes the beach and to snorkel.
Meeting sis in Red Sea in september so need to tweak up!
Open to suggestion for resorts etc..watching pennies too. I want everything don't i?:) :nurse:
go to "lauderdale by the sea" a beach fron t community in ft lauderdale. there is a pier there that has the best beach diving in florida the water is only 12-20 ft so you wont have to worry about deco and bottom time. the area is full of hotels and if you want to go cheap theres plenty of motels that are under 75.00 per night.
refills can be had at one of plenty of dive shops near the beach and you can dive all day on a spectacular reef for under 20 bucks a day since the only exspense is air refills or tank rentals.all the shops rent gear if needed too! there are also some great dive boat operations too one you might check out is www.southfloridadivingheadquarters.com they charge 45.00 for a trip with 2 tank dives per trip. hope it works out for you and have a great dive. e-mail me if you need more specific directions! divingforlife@cfl.rr.com

Word of Caution on Beach Dives...
Carry your dive flag. Its the law.
Also, bring plenty of quarters for the parking. They like to ticket ya. If you are diving here, let us Conchs know. It is a favorite place to dive, and you might pick up some more buddies...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom