Where to go in Florida..read me

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

selkie57

Reaction score
Hello:
I got OW cert last year and followed that by 2 weeks in Grand Cayman (fabbo).
No diving since then but am planning a week vacation wiht my mum and will driv to Florida. Where is the best place for me..a newbie still in need of some handholding and equipment rental. Mum likes the beach and to snorkel.
Meeting sis in Red Sea in september so need to tweak up!
Open to suggestion for resorts etc..watching pennies too. I want everything don't i?:) :nurse:

Hello ModMan,
welcome (Scub)aBoard! :balloon
Have a look at our Florida Conch Divers forum for better info.

Laurens

Welcome to the board. And yes, check out the Florida Conch Divers forum. Also, I would say Fort Lauderdale would be your best bet. It has some of the best beach diving. As for boats, I would say West Palm and Jupiter. Here is a link to that forum.

Click here ---->[red]Florida Conch Divers[/red]

I enjoyed Key Largo in January. Ample motels and many dive operators. Good water condions. Reef out 4 miles, several nice wreck dives. Nice people too.

Welcome, what do you like the idea of diving, i am guessing reefs, but if you get some experience a little deeper there are stacks of wrecks here too. Where to go, anywhere from WPB south to the Keys would be best to hit those kinds of things. :wink:

Hi there selkie57, my name is Matt. Welcome to the Board! You should enjoy it here, you will find lots of information about diving. You can also meet many nice people too. Have a fun time here. and safe diving. :thumb:

Click here to greet a new member!
:happywave
No experience needed and it feels great!

Welcome to Scubaboard selkie57, I myself really enjoy the Keys, Hope you have fun ! :wink:

Moved from Introductions & Greets forum.

selkie57:
Hello:
I got OW cert last year and followed that by 2 weeks in Grand Cayman (fabbo).
No diving since then but am planning a week vacation wiht my mum and will driv to Florida. Where is the best place for me..a newbie still in need of some handholding and equipment rental. Mum likes the beach and to snorkel.
Meeting sis in Red Sea in september so need to tweak up!
Open to suggestion for resorts etc..watching pennies too. I want everything don't i?:) :nurse:

Lauderdale-by-the-Sea. There's a snorkling reef close to shore and a real grocery store. Rent an apartment, cook and cook, save tons of money, and eat better food (what you want, when you want).

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom