Where to go in early Oct in Asia?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

i have done a eight day trip in komodo. regardless of that i dont think its good advice to recommend it to someone with very few dives, diving in komodo isn't for the faint hearted and i'd like to think a good tour operator would be reluctant to take you there.

very good choice with sipidan. i'm actually here now and have been able to go to to sipidan four days straight, lucky me hey!

Hi,

I live in Shanghai and I am planning a dive trip in early Oct somewhere in Asia.
It seems not to be the best season in a lot of countries in Asia.
Do you have any recommendations what are the best picks during Oct in Asia?
We are looking for great visibility diving with large fish and pelagic species.
Would be great if the surrounding was pleasant aswell, like great beaches and jungle.
What comes to your mind?

Thanks for any suggestions!

Phil
Malapascua in Philippines.
Thrasher shark!!!!!!!
A remote island off Northern Cebu no jungle but unspoiled beach.
Typhoon is your main concern.
PAL flies directly between Cebu and Shanghai?

I was coming here to post the exact same question. This is for a honeymoon so things in and out of water are both important. We will be departing Tokyo on 1st or 2nd of October and have until the 10th of October there.

We had seen North Sulawesi and thought it might be a good location. This is making me wonder if Bali a better choice. Sipidan also sounds like it could be a good option. My wife has not seen any coral or proper schools of fish to speak of, so color and beauty is what we're after under water!

Hi Rob,

Congradulations on your upcoming nuptuals.

What about a stay at the romantic Mataking Resort off Sabah, Malaysia. It provides all the mystique and romance that any honeymooners could wish for: remote and idyllic. The stilted chalets have sea views - even from the bath.

Massages and spa treatments for pampering, sunset cocktails in the jacuzzi, peace and quiet and exciting diving nearby with plenty of fish and coral.

Back
Top Bottom