Where to go in Bali?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

From the book "Eat, Pray, Love":

"There are no great distances...on an island the size of Delaware. And the "highways" are horrible, made surreally dangerous by the dense, mad prevalence of Bali's version of the American family minivan -- a small motorcycle with five people crowded on it, the father driving with one hand while holding the newborn infant with the other (football-like) while Mom sits sidesaddle behind him in her tight sarong with a basket balanced on her head, encouraging her twin toddlers not to fall 0ff the speeding motorbike, which is probably traveling on the wrong side of the road and has no headlight. Helmets are rarely worn but are frequently -- and I never did find out why -- carried. Imagines scores of these heavily-laden motorcycles, all speeding recklessly, all weaving and doging across each other like some kind of crazed motorized maypole dance, and you have life on the Balinese highways. I don't know why every single Balinese person hasn't been killed already in a road accident."

The above isn't much of an exaggeration, and must be seen to be believed. And the cars and trucks don't seem to have much use for lanes and other formalities, either.

But, Bali and the Balinese are just wonderful.

Thanks a lot!

I guess Padangbai or Ahmed will be my choice :D
Did you ever receive a FedEx or UPS envelope there? I might need to receive one from Europe

Humm It's a developing country - good luck - but I have seen it happen in Padangbai.

compared with bangkok, driving in bali is kindergarten; but important to understand the rythm.

Yes I think it is easier than thailand, but NOT kindergarten compared to the states.

I did my divemaster and Instructor internship with a company called Blue Season Bali and with this i did numerous fun dives and i really honestly believe that is the best run dive operator that i have ever seen! the staff are all really friendly and the dive guides are second to none! I know that if you contact them they will be more than willing to help you sort out any accommodation that you may require and anything else that you may need on your trip.

i simply got in contact with them first off by sending an email to info@baliocean.com or

hope this helps you

P

Back
Top Bottom