where to go in asia? with a non-diver...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

stokes

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I was fortunate enough to have been given a travel incentive worth USD1,500... amount can be used for plane fare/ accomodations... I don't mind paying any excess, if necessary. But if I could stay within the incentive limit, it would be much better. My main consideration is that my wife, who is a non-diver, will enjoy, and I get to spend a day diving. I'm curently in the Philippines.

I have considered travelling within the Philippines to avoid the whole SARS epidemic... bohol? panglao? palawan?

Any comments/suggestions on indonesia (bali perhaps)? thailand?

Info on reasonable resorts with decent/good diving, good beach (for my non-diver wife) will be much appreciated?

Bali, definitely. You can leave your wife in Kuta to do her shopping while you do a day's dive in maybe Tulamben...absolutely crazy! People there are really friendly and food and lodging are cheap too.

Try staying near nusa dua, they have lots of sea sports activities there. Travel distance to some dive sites are nearer compare to kuta districts.

Enjoy your trip, Cheers

Bali is good and so would be Phuket Thailand iof one of you is a nondiver.

I just heard of the bombing in the Jakarta airport... this is quite alarming... anyone aware of any travel advices?

how about sars?

In the world according to the US State Department, there probably is a travel advisory for all islamic nations, and most other parts of the third world. In reality these places are usually quite safe. For some reason, the US government thinks the safest place in the world is the United States. But, if this were the case, why then have the Canadians and Europeans issued travel advisories for the USA?

While Indonesia has its problems, every time I have been, I have felt perfectly safe. The people are extremely friendly. But then, I have not been to Jakarta where most of the riots occur. Bali and Manado should be OK.

point well taken... advisories do not necessarily reflect the reality...

thank you for all for the input... much appreciated!

i've been to boracay several times, unfortunately i've never been sober enough to schedule a dive...

how is the diving in boracay? i was told the only site worth diving in boracay is yapak... how true is this?

newwadedivers... what are the good sites? and what can be seen in these sites?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom