Where to go from Moalboal in terms of short transit time???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

slinger101

Registered
Reaction score
Hi guys,

We will be diving in Moalboal next month for roughly 5 days. Is there a ferry or some other quick form of transportation that can connect us to another excellent diving destination without wasting much time? We have to catch a flight back home 4 days after our Moalboal booking finishes from Cebu airport. We are not massive fans of "critter/muck diving" and it would be nice to see some big schools or pelagics on this trip as well, as Moalboal is probably more of a macro paradise.

Looking forward to your advice.

Thanks!

Hi there

I stayed in Maolboal in February , which was awesome, and caught a taxi at 8 am m from Turtle Bay.I was in Malapascua before 2 pm . This was amazing by the way.

There was not much traffic apparently and we did only stopped for a combined ATM and bathroom break.

However doing it through the resort was pricey, procuring as always you get what you pay for and I wouldn't,t have mixed the thresher for the world.

Hey Slinger,
yes Malapascua is the best combination with Moalboal. Not because you get there easily, its is also a good combination of the divesites. In Moalboal you find most likely wall dives, all around Moalboal. In Pescador island it might be a little bit different and you get some nice rockformations as well.
The dive sites in Malapascua are very diverse and none of them is similar to the other one. Moalboal = a lot of fish, wall diving, beautifull corals - Malapascua = Thresher Sharks, whitetip sharks, devil rays, great makro life, but no fish!
i stayed with Malapascua Exotic Island Dive and Beach Resort and i was totally happy about it. Service was great and the dive guides are doing absolutely amazing.
if you need any other information about the Philippines, just ask, i visited a lot of places already...

Cheers

I would go to Malapascua first but then Moalboal would be anticlimax!!
BTW, if the weather turns sour then there is no worry about the ferry crossing.

Malapascua is great for the Threshers.

I would also consider Bohol, Blicasag is always a nice dive,,, the transfer is a little easier and if done right u dont need to miss a day of diving due to transfers....

Back
Top Bottom