Where to go diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

As I was reading through the thread a couple of you have me thinking now about another trip to Southern Leyte :D I'll be in the Philippines for a month next trip. Plus I haven't had my Malapascua fix in a couple of years... I'm thinking time for a visit :wink:

For the OP, with your experience if you can get on a boat to Tubbataha that would be the way to go. Barring that, I personally love Malapascua Island. I've been traveling there since 2007 (my first trip report here on scubaboard was about that trip). My trip in April 2016 I stayed for the entire month of April :) My dive op of choice, that I've used exclusively for the last 9 years is Evolution Diving Resort in Malapascua, Cebu, Philippines Here are a couple of links to my blog and posts about one of my trips a couple of years ago:
Malapascua-Part One
Malapascua-Part Two

Southern Leyte is amazing and a bit off the beaten track. The pier at Padre Burgos is probably the best night dive I've done in my life! Napantao Marine Sanctuary was also amazing :) Like other people here on the board, I dived with Welcome - Peter's Dive Resort Philippines: Scuba Diving in Sogod Bay, Southern Leyte when I did that trip.

You can contact these resorts directly and they can advise you also about ways to travel there and should have the most recent information on things like ferry schedules. No matter where you dive in the Philippines I'm sure you will have a good time :coffee:

Anyone who wants a little "Philippines motivation" come on over and visit us on Facebook. There are lots of posts and photos about diving in the Philippines. Just click on the link in my signature to "Philippine Paradise Divers" and it will take you directly there. We'll be happy to welcome you :)

Back
Top Bottom