Where to get corrugated hose for BCD.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

divnamite

Reaction score
Does anyone know any site or shop that sells the corrugated hose for BCD? It's the hose connecting to your BCD bladder, not the low pressure inflator one. I can't find it anywhere. Please help!!!!

What exactly are you needing?
Just the hose? Hose & inflator, or the entire assembly
including dumpvalve?

I'm guessing most LDS can sell you whatever you need.
I just bought a Diverite hose from Scubatoys about 2 weeks ago
for $20.
They'll sell a full Zeagle Assembly for about $80-90.

Not all BCDs/Inflators are the same size. Most seem to be 1"
but some are 3/4" diameter.
Then there are also different lengths which can be important
if you have a cable inside to pull the dump valve.

If you get one that is a different length hose than you had,
the size of the cable will need to be different to match.
Some dumpvalues don't allow you to swap out cables as the
cable is crimped directly onto the valve shaft.

If you can't find a hose that is the same length and you are
unlucky in that your cable is crimped onto the dump valve
shaft and can't be removed, then you'll have to cut off the
original cable make a new cable. It can be made from SS fishing
leader and crimps from your fishing tackle shop.

Hope that helps.

--- bill

I had a similar issue a couple months ago. New plate came with a very short hose, and I wanted a longer one. I did not find much online, so I called around and a few LDS and explained what I wanted. $20 took care of it and they ziptied it to the new inflator I had as well.

I just need the hose from my wing to my inflator. I'm in the same boat with Rogue_Diver, I wanted to get a longer hose. I couldn't find anything from my LDS or LeisurePro or Scubatoys. Does anyone have an extra one willing to sell to me?

divnamite:
I just need the hose from my wing to my inflator. I'm in the same boat with Rogue_Diver, I wanted to get a longer hose. I couldn't find anything from my LDS or LeisurePro or Scubatoys. Does anyone have an extra one willing to sell to me?

You will have to extend the inside cable as well. Any good dive shop can do this and generally has some longer hoses instock, or at least can order one.

Make sure you get the right hose diameter. What make and model is the BC?

Chad

Hmm, I didn't see a cable for the pull dump. I use DSS Torus wing.

I don't think there is a pull dump on the DSS wing. The hose is the perfect length for singles. I would contact Tobin at DSS about the hose issue. There are a lot of us who have long Dive Rite hoses with pull dumps lying around because we bought hose replacements to get RID of the longer hose with pull dump. If they are interchangable, I would bet you could find someone willing to trade.

divnamite:
Hmm, I didn't see a cable for the pull dump. I use DSS Torus wing.

Dive Rite Express has them in multiple sizes. I also had the same problem and discussed it with Tobin. I think at the time he may have offered to help me out with a swap but I ended up finding what I wanted at my LDS (totally by luck...). I believe I went with a 14" and I'm way happier with it. I'm pretty sure the one on my DSS LCD was 12".

BTW, I'm sure you've already gathered this but not all hoses are created equal. The elbow and exhaust fitting is the other thing you need to check. I found out the hard way that despite the similar appearances, my DSS exhaust fitting did not match the new hose or exhaust so it required a little modification.

Sky: I did see that, but I couldn't find any dealers that carry it locally.

Crlavoie: I tho most of the corrugated hoses are the same. Yes, exhaust fittings on Torus wings have those weird teeth like fittings. I don't think I need to change that. Can't I not just remove the old hose and put in the new one and keep the existing exhaust fitting the same? Isn't it just zip fit and maybe some lube?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom