Where to Flounder

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MSilvia:
I'll be ready to go when I get back from the Keys after the first week of January. If you guys are up for a dive, let me know. We may not see many fish, but you never know. Maybe we can hit the rocks off Sandy Beach in Cohasset, or something easy and convenient like that.

Hey Matt, I'm still pretty sore and I just trying to do some shake down dives these days, but I'm hoping even by mid-winter to be doing some "real" dives.

Once I'm back to 100%, I'd dive with you any time. Pegotty Beach is a favorite South Shore winter site of mine - with the wind blowing west, I've seen some crazy vis there.

Chebby:
Actually, if the water is around 45, air temp is above freezing and no winshield factor, I might consider doing it. I am not picky.

What exactly is winshield factor? :wink:

decapoddiver:
What exactly is winshield factor? :wink:

Yeah...uhm...it's a value produced by the ... ehh ...Windows operating system's "Weather Shield" software....which computes wind speed divided by ....

Ok you got me. I have to start spellchecking my posts :)

I've had flounder swim right into my catch bag. It's easy to measure them there w/o harming the fish at all. I guess they aren't very bright fish. Is it May yet?

LobstaMan

it was the proportional pain I feel on my face when I'm running back in after a dive since I don't have one on my boat. "Gee, if I had a windshield, my free flowing tears wouldn't be freezing to my face" :11:

MASS-Diver:
Pegotty Beach is a favorite South Shore winter site of mine - with the wind blowing west, I've seen some crazy vis there.
Sounds good to me. I've been wanting to dive Peggoty for a while now. My great uncle used to dive there as a kid, and says he found a large anchor there once and was unable to retrieve it. I wonder if it might have been from the Forest Queen.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom