Where to find (cheap) CR123 batteries?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Rainer

Contributor
Reaction score
Wife just got a Rat Jr backup light. It takes CR123(A) batteries. These seems to go for about $1.50-2 each online, but I'd prefer to not pay for shipping so few (just need two). Swung by RadioShack, but they wanted $20 for a pair. Ouch.

What's my best choice for getting just a few cheaply?

Thanks!

Agreed, pay the shipping. And bring plenty of spares on vacation so you don't get stuck paying a fortune.

Frys use to have a decent deal - not sure they still do. Last time I looked they didn't.

Home Depot might be worth checking.

I hear that you can find the Surefires at Home Depot but not with the regular batteries. You need to find where they sell the Surefire flashlights and get the batteries there...$2 range I believe.

eBay.... buy a dozen or so cheap and pay the shipping. Sometimes there is free shipping. I have been doing that for years and most of the time I have no issues with the life of the batteries. Right now there are some deals for 16 batteries for $12.95 free shipping.

Academy Sports and Outdoors. 2 for 4 bucks (generally Browning brand). Their AA and AAA batteries (alkaline) are $9.99 for 36 batteries. Academy Brand and they work as good a duracells and energizers. Short of going online, these are the best prices I have seen.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom