Where to do divemaster in December in Coral Triangle

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

apdz

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi all,

Title says it all. Just wondering where you would recommend to do a divemaster course, 3-4week time available, in late november-late-December, somewhere in the Coral Triangle for <900usd for the course + extras. Is this unrealistic? I am doing this to gain experience (seems like an economical way to dive) and a challenge. Not as a career move.

Seems Bali is not good in December?
Raja Ampat seems great in December but I cant find any divemaster courses (except one for >2000usd).
Friends advise against Thailand due to tourism and government.
Phillipines, Indonesia and PNG seem good but I seem to come across ridiculous prices online?
Borneo seemed great (800usd incl everything even 1month accomodation) but December is not a good time of year.

By the way... there's no need to pay for the extra materials as this is available online? Also I dont need to pay for the PADI licence unless I am about to start a job?

I am running out of time to book flights... I appreciate your thoughts.

Cheers.

Late Nov to late Dec is the peak season in Philippines.
There are many places worth considering eg. Dumaguete, Malapascua, Moalboal and Puerto Galera.

Good luck.

Back
Top Bottom