Where to dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

shaggie:
Sounds like some GREAT conditions compared to our local watering holes! Here we're at 53F and 2 to 3 ft vis. Can't wait to get up there and hook up with someone.

Scubak ~ another Texan. :D
Do we dare offer to take this one diving?
Remember what happened with our last Texan????:popcorn:

HarleyDiver_FL:
The gloves and hoods. Hmmmm I do beleive they told me, at least 7mm on both. How in God's name am I supposed to move when I will be so compressed in neoprene? I did a couple of dives here yesterday. the water was 72 degrees with an awsome thermalcline in the cavern. The water temp jumped to 76 degrees starting at 30 feet to the max depth of 51 feet inside at the vent. I wore a 3mm shorty and of course booties. No hood, no gloves. Thats the way it should be when you dive but I will dive your cold dark waters to say I DID IT and anjoyed it. Never mind the frostbite or hypothermia. Thats just a side effect.

I was on that dive

HarleyDiver_FL:
Now if I happen to pi$$ myself when I see a Giant Octo or wolf eel, Hey, at least I'll be wearing a wetsuit :rofl3:

He does do that, you have your hands full gentlemen.

Cold_H2O:
Scubak ~ another Texan. :D
Do we dare offer to take this one diving?
Remember what happened with our last Texan????:popcorn:
Why not ... just make him leave his spurs on the beach ... :wink:

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

This is my favorite charter company, run by Don and Diane Coleman on Hood Canal. Last time I dove with Don we filmed a six-gill shark off the Flagpole site:
www.pacadventure.com

Don may even be able to find a drysuit you could rent while up there. Hood Canal is beautiful, (not a canal,) and offers bald eagles and - on a clear day - mountain scenery hard to rival anywhere in the continental US.

This is my favorite charter boat for diving up in the San Juans. This skipper may also able to set you up with some items useful for out of state divers visiting the PNW:
http://www.deepseacruise.com/

Here are some other links that you might find useful:
http://www.wascubaalliance.org/linksofinterest.htm

Hope you enjoy diving in the Pacific Northwest...

Doc

After you dive here, YOU will be the one who should move!! LOL...I'm sure it's nice in Florida, but the Puget Sound is one of the best places to dive - IF you can get over the cool water!

NWGratefulDiver:
Why not ... just make him leave his spurs on the beach ... :wink:

... Bob (Grateful Diver)
The last Texan who was brave enough to dive with ScubaK and I got a bit wet and a lot cold.
but we did show him some of the wonders you only find here. :D
No Texans were harmed on that dive.
{I think ~ can't be certain ~ I can't talk him into coming back to dive again:( }
Do Texans get damaged if you get them cold and wet? :huh:
Spurs are always left on the beach. :wink:

Cold and wet never bothered me, I was blessed to live in the PNW for about 5 or 6 years and survived. I supose a real Texan might rust if exposed to rain for to long, I am however not a real Texan, I just live here now.

Doc Intrepid:
This is my favorite charter company, run by Don and Diane Coleman on Hood Canal. Last time I dove with Don we filmed a six-gill shark off the Flagpole site:
www.pacadventure.com

Hope you enjoy diving in the Pacific Northwest...

Doc
I agree, Don and Diane are great. Last time I dove with them, we saw a six gill and Don was pissed he didn't make that dive with us like he had considered. At that time he had yet to see a six gill in the Hood. I'm glad that Don finally got to see a six gill.

Here is the post about the trip.

They make water warmer than the mid-50's?! Since when? :wink:

Agreed with Hood Canal being a great spot...but for the more urbane, try Alki in West Seattle. (Make mine a night dive, please!) You get all the convenience of being right near a great city and rolling over on your back with the dive lights off, the thrum of a container ship's prop in your chest...it's a sight to behold! (And the little restaurant right at the dive site has a decent little fish and chips for about $8...can't beat it for an after diving snack!) The last time we were up there, we got to play around with a little octo and some sea lions (not to mention the chimaera...).

Cheers,
Austin

Back
Top Bottom