Where to dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I bet I'm gonna be wishing I had a dry suit during/after diving your frigid waters but I will overcome. How close is the nearest ER and hyperbaric chamber from the sound? lol

He he. If the Army didn't make a man out of you, PNW diving will! :D It'll give you something to brag about when you get home.

-Ben

ps - Don't worry about frost-bite - you can't get it when you are in the water, only between shore and the car.

I can honestly say the ARMY did NOT make a man out of me. The U.S. Marine Corps however did. I spent 6 years in the Corps, 80 - 85 and got out. 19 years later, the Corps said I was to old to come back :( but the Army said, We'll take you :rofl3: so now I'm in the Army (Florida Army National Guard). I am sure the PNW will toughen me up as far as cold water dives go. Now if I happen to pi$$ myself when I see a Giant Octo or wolf eel, Hey, at least I'll be wearing a wetsuit :rofl3:

HarleyDiver_FL:
{snip} I am sure the PNW will toughen me up as far as cold water dives go. :
The PNW waters have a way of toughening up divers.
If you can walk all that gear ~ You can dive it. :D

HarleyDiver_FL:
Now if I happen to pi$$ myself when I see a Giant Octo or wolf eel, Hey, at least I'll be wearing a wetsuit :rofl3:
Most divers scream like little girls with their first Wolfie encounter. {thats my favorite part :popcorn: }
But then again ~ when you're in a drysuit. Screaming is a better "release" option. :D
I will let you in on a well kept PNW secret :14:
{Wolfies are big bleenies ~ friendly critters}

Hi everyone! Long time lurker, first time typer here. I was just wondering what is the current water temp over there? I've been been really wanting to join ya'll in the PNW for a few dives also. I do own a dry suit (sorry about that Harley) but only an old, I'd say about 200g undergarment. Dove our local lake the other day and it was 53F. I wasn't real cold, wasn't real warm either though. Hoping to come up there in febuary sometime, maybe take in the gas managment seminar I read about, if I can do it logisticaly.

shaggie:
Hi everyone! Long time lurker, first time typer here. I was just wondering what is the current water temp over there? I've been been really wanting to join ya'll in the PNW for a few dives also. I do own a dry suit (sorry about that Harley) but only an old, I'd say about 200g undergarment. Dove our local lake the other day and it was 53F. I wasn't real cold, wasn't real warm either though. Hoping to come up there in febuary sometime, maybe take in the gas managment seminar I read about, if I can do it logisticaly.

Temp in Feb should be around 46F. Just throw on a few more clothes under your undergarment and you should be fine.

A thermos of hot coffee or cocoa is also a nice between dive warmer upper.

Water temp was 46degrees F at 74FSW at 3Tree North.
Viz was about 20ft.
K

Sounds like some GREAT conditions compared to our local watering holes! Here we're at 53F and 2 to 3 ft vis. Can't wait to get up there and hook up with someone.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom