Where To Dive In Florida For 3 or 4 Days? Need Buddies Too.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

realdiver7

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
My wife and I are planning a 3 to 4 day recreational dive trip from Wilmington, North Carolina to the East coast of Florida in the next 3 to 6 months. Vacation schedules are rather flexible, so we have not set firm dates. We are looking for:

1. Great dive sites near a city with an airport.
2. Wreck diving at 90 ft. or less.
3. Reef diving.
4. Easy access unlimited shore diving.
5. Suggestions on beachfront hotels or cottages.
6. Suggestions for dive boat operators and dive shops.
7. Possible dive buddies to travel with us, or meet us at our destination. Two to four other certified divers to take boat trips with.

We are just looking for a short, inexpensive trip to take prior to our next big trip to Cozumel. We just returned from Cozumel, but are ready to make plans for some more fun in the USA.

Please contact me directly at: realdiver7@yahoo.com

Thanks!

I was down in Florida this past November for a weekend and couldn't pass up on the opportunity to get a dive in. I found a shop called "The Scuba Club." I highly recommend their shop. Very nice operation they are running there. Their shop is right on the water with their own dock, boat, pool and I think they even have an apartment that they rent to divers. Check out their website: http://www.thescubaclub.com/ - by the way, they are in West Palm Beach.
Enjoy

As a warning, The Scuba Club only does one-tank dives. Also, being in West Palm, there is no real shore diving available.

I'd suggest Ft. Lauderdale; it has all you're looking for plus plenty of potential dive buddies to choose from in the area.....if you decide on Ft. Lauderdale/South Florida, just post when you're coming and we generally get a group going!

KBeck:
As a warning, The Scuba Club only does one-tank dives. Also, being in West Palm, there is no real shore diving available.

I'd suggest Ft. Lauderdale; it has all you're looking for plus plenty of potential dive buddies to choose from in the area.....if you decide on Ft. Lauderdale/South Florida, just post when you're coming and we generally get a group going!

Just as Kbeck said, when I was there I just did a one tank dive. However, I thought that they do have two tank dives, so I checked their website and they do. It seems like they do the two tank dives about 3 times a week. Check out their schedule on their website. Other than that, I'm in no position to refute the lack of shore diving claim or anything else said by Kbeck.
Good Luck

Thanks for the replies. I am following up on them now. Please keep this great info coming!

Krista, we may be in touch since you may be able to hook us up with a group. Are there any good hotel/dive package deals in Ft. Lauderdale? If not, any recommendations on where to stay?

Thanks.

KBeck:

I'm heading down April 1 for a busy weekend of diving and nitrox cert. I'm supposed to have an instructor the boat is lining up but haven't heard back yet. If you know of some good instructors let me know. I plan on going down again in May, wouldn't mind getting together with a few that know the area. Be nice to get out of the NE cold.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom