Where to buy Line for Tying off Equipment

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Piranha-Professional-Grade-24-Dive-Line--High-Viz-Yellow3092-4322_th.JPG

Click For Details
Piranha Professional Grade #24 Dive Line 660ft "High Viz Yellow"

Piranha's Price: $16.29

I guess it's made by Dodge​

Everbilt #18 x 250 ft. Pink Braided Nylon Mason Twine-73296 - The Home Depot

250' for $5.50, works well. Used a lot in a local lake, ran lines in case of a silt out, it's a long story. The pink was the easiest to see in silted conditions. Years later it still holds a boltsnap on the hose where I put it.

Bob
This ^^

You don't want dacron or polyester. You want #24 braided nylon. I get mine from Memphis net and twine but mason's line is the same stuff (usually colored)

This ^^

You don't want dacron or polyester. You want #24 braided nylon. I get mine from Memphis net and twine but mason's line is the same stuff (usually colored)

Would you mind explaining why you recommend against dacron?

Nylon stretches more so it can be tightened more and stay put, it is also more abrasion resistant. And there are always sharp edges around even the most rounded scuba things. The line itself can abrade opposite strands - for instance on a bolt snap to long hose connection. Dacron/polyester is ok for reels when stretching while wet is nice to minimize, its not as abrasion resistant as nylon. Both end up being strong enough.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom